Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              10       11       end

Archive 2017 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

prodigyphotos
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

I’ve noticed quite a few A7RII in the market lately, not only here but on a lot of different platforms. Is the upgrade that much more better? Or is it just getting the newer of what’s out there

I’m contemplating on moving from canon to Sony. But not sure if I’m better off just upgrading to the mark iv or switching out completely.

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:02 PM
1texasaggie
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

I have no plans to sell my A7RII for the same reason I haven't switched from 5DIII to IV...not enough new features for me personally. I'm sure others will feel differently.

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:12 PM
davewolfs
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

I think you see more ditch the A9. A7II here so it would be quite an upgrade. Happy with the refinements.

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:17 PM
Gary Clennan
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

The A7RII has gone from my favorite landscape camera to a POS overnight. That's why I will buy the A7RIII.

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:36 PM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

I know prices plummeted $300-$500 in about an hour. I’d been hoping for an A7III, but I snatched up an RII to hold me over till it’s release.

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:38 PM
gocolts
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

I'm thinking the lower prices will do the same thing this time around as they did with the A7R. They'll go down to a point and then stay there awhile, as the capabilities of the camera speaks for itself in the marketplace still.

And...I think it'll bring in new users. I was a Canon shooter, and when the A7R got down to around $1,000, I said "eh, instead of upgrading my Canon body I'll add the Sony for $1k and an EF adapter and see if I like it". Now I've got an A7R2 that's waiting to be replaced by an A7R3 along with all Sony lenses. The A7R2 didn't become a bad camera overnight, and I think it's going to be quite a steal for that amount of performance for the price, and with more lenses to choose from than I had a few years ago with the A7R.

Oct 27, 2017 at 01:14 PM
kurt765
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

If I find a good deal on an A7r3 I'll get one to upgrade one of the twins, but it's nothing worth pre-ordering for me. The biggest benefit honestly for me seems like it would be the bigger buffer. Sure battery life too but I have so many A7 batteries I'm pretty used to the power suck.

Oct 27, 2017 at 01:28 PM
WestTexas Sky
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

Still using the gen one A7R. Would like EFCS in it but nothing else in either the A7R2 or A7R3 tempts me at all.

Oct 27, 2017 at 01:39 PM
Jonas B
• • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

I have used an RX1 for the last couple of years. Earlier this week I got myself a second hand A7R2 for a good price. It seems to be a very good camera.
Of course all my images suck and that is for using all this outdated stuff.

Oct 27, 2017 at 01:43 PM
Ken_Cravillion
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

I was the first to post my A7RII yesterday and it sold in 10 minutes. Might have priced it low but it was fair and I was happy.

Oct 27, 2017 at 02:02 PM
esanchez
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

That was a good price. I have noticed too LOTS and LOTS of A7RII for sale. I might be picking up one at $1700-$1800 range.

Oct 27, 2017 at 02:12 PM
Frostefdflake
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

Not switching.... I like using old lenses with old cameras. Besides, I was hoping for more megapickles

Oct 27, 2017 at 02:14 PM
Vcize
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

I'll keep my apps on the R2, thanks.

Oct 27, 2017 at 02:33 PM
mcbroomf
• • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

I succumbed!! I'm going to convert one of my R2's to IR and use the R3 and the other R2 as my normal travel/photo cameras...

Oct 27, 2017 at 02:34 PM
Frogfish
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

I'll pick up the 3 in exchange for the A7r within the next year however I'm keeping the 2 for the Apps. So disappointed Sony did away with them.

Oct 27, 2017 at 02:58 PM
MedicineMan404
• • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

Staying put with the R2 this cycle and working on lenses. Don't want to loose the apps just yet and have an a9 so I'm good for a while.

Oct 27, 2017 at 03:12 PM
JohnJ
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

Here in Australia the price for the a7r3 is just too high at $4900. Ill wait a year and see what happens. For me the main draw of the new body is the joystick which promises a worthwhile practical improvement, but at too high a cost at present.

Oct 27, 2017 at 03:22 PM
jhinkey
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

prodigyphotos wrote:
I’ve noticed quite a few A7RII in the market lately, not only here but on a lot of different platforms. Is the upgrade that much more better? Or is it just getting the newer of what’s out there

I’m contemplating on moving from canon to Sony. But not sure if I’m better off just upgrading to the mark iv or switching out completely.

There are enough significant upgrades for me that the A7RIII will be with worth the swap out.
I assume that is not true for many A7RII owners though.

Glad the MP stay the same.

Edited on Oct 27, 2017 at 03:45 PM · View previous versions

Oct 27, 2017 at 03:36 PM
AdaptedLenses
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

Ken_Cravillion wrote:
I was the first to post my A7RII yesterday and it sold in 10 minutes. Might have priced it low but it was fair and I was happy.

Me Too! But that seems to be where it's sitting, maybe a hair more but the ones asking $1900+ are still there...

Oct 27, 2017 at 03:42 PM
philip_pj
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · So everyone is ditching the A7RII for A7RIII ???

For many users it's time to buy a new 7rII, not sell. 800 good reasons to do so.

Oct 27, 2017 at 04:04 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.