New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Inconsistent touch pad focus selection on Olympus

white

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Inconsistent touch pad focus selection on Olympus

Hi,

I have 2 E-M1 II bodies and previously a Pen-F. All have inconsistent function of the use of the back screen as a touch pad to select the focus point while looking through the viewfinder. One moment it works fine and then without warning it does not respond with an icon appearing indicating touch focus is off line. Later it will be back again. Turning the camera off and back on again, or changing modes, sometimes brings things back. Basically there seams to be no pattern to success or failure.

With the same effect on three different bodies it is not likely a defect per say.

Any thoughts or others with the same issue.

Oct 26, 2017 at 07:41 PM
Wilbus
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Inconsistent touch pad focus selection on Olympus

I noticed this as well when testing the E-M1.2 on an Olympus representation in a nearby store. Of course the Olympus rep tried and told me "just pull in from the side" but it didn't work much better.

Seems to be more then one body or maybe every body?

Oct 26, 2017 at 09:06 PM
stan2
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Inconsistent touch pad focus selection on Olympus

my PEN F has a focus issue like this. Seems like the best I've found is to select 'single AF' then use the screen to put the point where you want it (e.g., in the center), then turn off the touch screen and flip it around. It should hold that point while you use the viewfinder. Unless there is some better way that will let you lock the focus point you want that I haven't found yet.

Oct 29, 2017 at 05:23 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password