1       2      
       end

Samantha senior pics

umsl12
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Samantha senior pics

01Ryan10 wrote:
um...it's his style. You make it seem as though you're breaking the news to him for the first time. I'd even bet he'd agree the face is overexposed, but...it's his style.

I agree, I believe the OP knew that the face was overexposed.. but he doesn't like criticisms. Some people in this forum just don't like criticisms at all, even when they are very constructive. I do like criticisms because they help me to become a better person ;-)

Nov 01, 2017 at 04:24 AM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Samantha senior pics

umsl12 wrote:
I agree, I believe the OP knew that the face was overexposed.. but he doesn't like criticisms. Some people in this forum just don't like criticisms at all, even when they are very constructive. I do like criticisms because they help me to become a better person ;-)

I suggest you do a little research. Since Ron first started posting here, he's really stepped up his game. I think this is due in part from his seeking critiques and then taking them to heart. I have offered suggestions in the past and he has accepted them graciously.

Critiques are tricky. Sometimes criticism is aimed at a photographer's style, especially if that style is different from your own. Ron is open to help aimed at helping him improve his style. He is not interested in comments that tell him his style is incorrect.

I don't know what deliverables he offers his clients, but I do know that photographs can look a lot different when printed, especially if paper stock other than glossy is used. I try to take that in consideration when discussing a photo.

Nov 01, 2017 at 12:42 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Samantha senior pics

I was just talking to a dancer's mom I know, and her daughter just got signed on as an apprentice at the Grand Rapids Ballet. I was telling her about some shoots I had done for them, and how I'd done some individual shots for a couple of the dancers. Couldn't remember one of the dancer's names, so I looked up their pictures. When I saw the washed-out look of their headshots, I just kinda cracked up a little bit. Granted, it's a completely different look than mine, and the hard lighting creates shadows that do outline the jaws, but I was amused by this.

Nov 01, 2017 at 09:55 PM
Peter Figen
• • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Samantha senior pics

Ron - The big difference here is there's no fighting with the backgrounds at all. You always go to the face. And even though these are blown out, they are not over saturated, almost monochromatic really.

Nov 02, 2017 at 12:27 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

friscoron
• • • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Samantha senior pics

Right. I had said it was different. I really like these.

Nov 02, 2017 at 02:11 PM
photofyffer
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Samantha senior pics

I like your style. Do you do your post work all in Lightroom. ?

Nov 06, 2017 at 06:57 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Samantha senior pics

photofyffer wrote:
I like your style. Do you do your post work all in Lightroom. ?

Thanks! No. I do some in LR and then some, or a lot, in PS, depending on how much work I want to do on a given image.

Nov 07, 2017 at 02:38 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password