FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

5D4 Deal

msalvetti
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · 5D4 Deal

Thanks. I know, and I realize that I initiated the ordeal by screwing up with the form of payment to begin with. I just wanted to gripe a bit to help deal with the disappointment.

My daughter's final hockey season starts tomorrow night, and I was looking forward to the better AF and high ISO (compared to my 7DII). So I was actually going to buy a new 5DIV this weekend locally anyway. The big sale was a bonus, and convinced me to go refurb (which I wasn't planning to do to save $350, but $800 was a different story).

So I think I'm going back to the original plan and buy a new body locally this weekend, but jump back on the refurb site and get the 16-35 f/4 (on sale for $750).

Mark

Oct 31, 2017 at 07:46 PM
cameron12x
• • • •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · 5D4 Deal

I'm very sorry to hear that some folks missed out on this deal.

I posted the deal just a few minutes after I had ordered. Mine came today.

Lots to learn about the new camera, but I'll have a lot more pixels to crop from and a lot more latitude with exposure. Of course everything comes with a cost, so I'll need to get used to much larger file sizes, too! Small price to pay for what seems to be an extremely well balanced body.

I was able to take a few quick shots SOOC before the diffuse light faded in my area today.

But first, the perfunctory "big brother, little brother" image. They really did a great job with the miniature!

Nov 01, 2017 at 12:47 AM
cameron12x
• • • •
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · 5D4 Deal

The colors have really started to fade in my area. They will all be gone soon.

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV    EF70-200mm f/4L IS USM lens    70mm    f/7.1    1/250s    1250 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV    EF70-200mm f/4L IS USM lens    173mm    f/5.6    1/200s    640 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV    EF70-200mm f/4L IS USM lens    176mm    f/5.6    1/800s    640 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV    EF70-200mm f/4L IS USM lens    169mm    f/5.6    1/500s    640 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV    EF70-200mm f/4L IS USM lens    185mm    f/5.6    1/500s    640 ISO    -0.3 EV  

Nov 01, 2017 at 01:02 AM
artsupreme
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · 5D4 Deal

This same thing happened when the 70-200II was released. Canon accidentally marked the refurbs way down and some orders were honored and some weren't.

Nov 01, 2017 at 01:25 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

msalvetti
• • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · 5D4 Deal

In Canon's defense, it does look like they honored all the completed orders that were placed. I just screwed up and gave them an opportunity to back out of it. I'm more mad at myself than Canon.

The weird thing is that despite the denial of my payment method, they still went ahead and shipped the miniature. So as TeamSpeed pointed out, at least I got that out of the deal.

Mark

Nov 01, 2017 at 02:05 AM
gheller
• • • • •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · 5D4 Deal

Just received mine as well. Pretty amazing that they used FedEx 2nd day air out to Hawaii and waived all shipping charges.

Not sure whether I'm more excited about the camera or the miniature, it's kind of a toss-up

As a general rule, depending on what credit card you use for the purchase, there is often an extended warranty, in my situation it added an additional two years to the one year warranty

Nov 01, 2017 at 02:26 AM
nagoc50

p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · 5D4 Deal

Well, was lucky enough to get in on the low price but I am going to see how the refurb warranty works, unfortunately.

Exposure info in viewfinder only works intermittently. Sometimes viewfinder is black -- shut it off, pull battery, sometimes displays. Then disappears. Ugh.

Nov 03, 2017 at 03:32 AM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password