Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Common courtesy goes a long way.

brainchill

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Common courtesy goes a long way.

I haven't been using this forum for long but I've been in the photography world for decades .... one thing that I've noticed here is that so many people that use this forum think they are "l33t h4x0r" photographers and better than everyone else and that especially bleeds over into any communication that I've had with anyone on the sale/trade forums ..... it seems like almost every interaction that I've had here I feel like I'm I'm talking to a raging child. A little bit of courtesy goes a long way .... for instance, if someone makes an offer on something that you've got for sale and you aren't interested you have a few choices .... you can ignore them completely, you can fly off the handle and act like a rage driven child or you could simply say, no thank you, I'm not interested at this time ..... and that's it. it seems like anyone I've been in touch with default to B ....

Oct 26, 2017 at 04:00 AM
trenchmonkey
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Common courtesy goes a long way.

Sounds like you tried to lowball Trumpy...just sayin'

Oct 26, 2017 at 10:23 AM
Etherton
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Common courtesy goes a long way.

brainchill wrote:
it seems like anyone I've been in touch with default to B ....

It seems like if "anyone" you deal with "defaults to B" it might be you and not them?

Oct 26, 2017 at 12:41 PM
Fred Amico
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Common courtesy goes a long way.

Sorry to read about the issues you have experienced here. My experience has been just the opposite. I don't do many buy/sell transactions, but the ones I have done were easy to do, and marked by good communication, courtesy, and cordial negotiation.

Oct 26, 2017 at 06:16 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jbregar
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Common courtesy goes a long way.

Yeah... just remember... the only constant in all of your bad interactions is you.

I'd guess you're a chronic lowballer.

I personally consider any offer thrown out there that's under about 90% of asking price to be somewhat rude. I price my gear based on recent listings and closed eBay auctions (with a discount to accommodate the fees), so if you're offering me 25-50% less than asking price, you're probably going to either get no reply at all or I'm going to be a little snarky. I know we should all say "no thank you" and move along, but after getting the fifth lowballer in a row, we get a little weak.

Oct 27, 2017 at 10:49 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Common courtesy goes a long way.

brainchill wrote:
I haven't been using this forum for long but I've been in the photography world for decades .... one thing that I've noticed here is that so many people that use this forum think they are "l33t h4x0r" photographers and better than everyone else and that especially bleeds over into any communication that I've had with anyone on the sale/trade forums ..... it seems like almost every interaction that I've had here I feel like I'm I'm talking to a raging child. A little bit of courtesy goes a long way .... for instance, if someone makes an offer on
...Show more

Most members are not professional sellers (though some seem to be). FM is a way of disposing items to buy new or better gear. An offer should be at the asking price or I'd also be inclined to say don't PM me again about anything. If the item doesn't sell after a while I might decrease the price in the B/S post, but that would be for everyone, not just the lowballer.

EBH

Oct 28, 2017 at 02:01 AM
ckcarr
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Common courtesy goes a long way.

When I put gear up for sale I price at exactly what I want and what it's worth based on my research, and also disclose all "hidden costs." So my prices are all inclusive. In the end I expect someone to offer even more than what I ask ... just because...

Oct 28, 2017 at 05:13 PM
jbregar
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Common courtesy goes a long way.

ckcarr wrote:
When I put gear up for sale I price at exactly what I want and what it's worth based on my research, and also disclose all "hidden costs." So my prices are all inclusive. In the end I expect someone to offer even more than what I ask ... just because...

How's that last part working out for you?

Oct 30, 2017 at 04:43 AM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password