New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Insuring refurbished camera equipment

Sigur Ros

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Insuring refurbished camera equipment

Please i would need a hand in insuring my camera equipment.

Shortly im looking for international insurance house who can insure my equipment over online submission, no matter which citizenship i hold.

For the sake of understanding im holding Montenegrin passport .

I need to insure my lenses and camera worth aprox. 5000$ , for backpacking trip in SE Asia.

The problem is that most of my equipment is second hand and i do not hold receipts or proof of ownership .

Is there anyway i can insure my equipment , or i need to search for other means available .

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Oct 25, 2017 at 05:52 PM
Bacalhau
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Insuring refurbished camera equipment

this might work for you:
they likely will require serial numbers along with pictures of it....or visit a local office maybe.
unless you bought your equipment literally off-street and paid in cash, they might accepte other ways to prove ownership and value - call/email them and ask
https://www.worldnomads.com/travel-insurance/digital-nomads?gclid=CjwKCAjw7MDPBRAFEiwAppdF9GmhTob8qfiY1rHSzGSYujVYRblUXjs9f5D8MLPL2V-z2LatDCKhDRoC5X4QAvD_BwE

Oct 25, 2017 at 06:03 PM
Sigur Ros

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Insuring refurbished camera equipment

Bacalhau wrote:
this might work for you:
they likely will require serial numbers along with pictures of it....or visit a local office maybe.
unless you bought your equipment literally off-street and paid in cash, they might accepte other ways to prove ownership and value - call/email them and ask
https://www.worldnomads.com/travel-insurance/digital-nomads?gclid=CjwKCAjw7MDPBRAFEiwAppdF9GmhTob8qfiY1rHSzGSYujVYRblUXjs9f5D8MLPL2V-z2LatDCKhDRoC5X4QAvD_BwE

They dont have my country in list of residence )) but i will try , looks good , thanks !

Oct 25, 2017 at 06:09 PM
Bacalhau
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Insuring refurbished camera equipment

there are other travel insurance companies - it would be a good idea to have a full travel insurance, meaning for yourself, the travelling itself n(delays/cancellations and others) and ofcourse the gear.
Not cheap, but they can be bought in incremented levels of coverage and time

Oct 25, 2017 at 06:32 PM
kosin
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Insuring refurbished camera equipment

I don't know of any insurer that would insure people outside of the US (I bet they exist though) but to answer your question regarding refurbished equipment, insurer shouldn't care much if it is new or used equipment. They (should) care only about how much you are insuring it for as it will be exactly their maximum cost of replacing your gear. They won't pay more. Simple as that. You can even tell them to insure your gear for more than you pay for. It will raise your cost but your gear will be insured for more. By doing it you will loose money but hey, it is possible. Receipts are only one of the ways to proof the ownership. You can prove that you own the gear by providing a serial number and photographs. At least this is how it is done here in USA Just remember that the more gear you insure, the more money you will have to pay. Also, in case of the damage, you will need to pay deductible first. So if your deductible is, for example, $500 and you brake $1000 camera, you will have to pay $500 first before insurer replaces your camera.

But if you are looking for the insurance just for this particular trip, you should look into the "Travel Insurance" which often offers additional health insurance which can be very handy in case you need a medical treatment or even evacuation, this can be costly.

Oct 27, 2017 at 12:22 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password