Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              56      
       58              66       67       end

Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

Stoffer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.57 #1 · p.57 #1 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

Yeah, no need to be stressed out about long pre-order queues with Sony. I walked into a camera shop and got my A7rII on launch day or the day later. No pre-order BS.

I was quick to put in an tentative pre-order on the Nikon D850. Still hasnít heard a damn thing. Not getting it now with the A7rIII, but was in doubt back then.

Same story with the Canon EOS 5DS R. Also pre-order, didnít hear a thing for ages.

Second time Nikon/Canon looses out to Sony by just being late for me.

Nov 10, 2017 at 06:38 PM
mttran
• • • • •
p.57 #2 · p.57 #2 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

absolutic wrote:
D850 is a nice camera, but it is a DSLR. Recently went on vacation with a DSLR and it was a frustrating experience, after having been using mirrorless for a while. Shooting on a beach in mid day with DSLR ... you have no idea if you got the shot or not, because you can't see much on a display, and OVF does not help. Good luck trying to take any videos. With EVF it is so easy, no brainer. So no more DSLRs for me.

+1, DSLR has it's time, now MILC will move on. It always takes a Dr. degree to operate DSLR well while my grand kids can shoot MILC no problem

Nov 10, 2017 at 06:44 PM
absolutic
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.57 #3 · p.57 #3 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

Stoffer wrote:
Yeah, no need to be stressed out about long pre-order queues with Sony. I walked into a camera shop and got my A7rII on launch day or the day later. No pre-order BS.

I was quick to put in an tentative pre-order on the Nikon D850. Still hasnít heard a damn thing. Not getting it now with the A7rIII, but was in doubt back then.

Same story with the Canon EOS 5DS R. Also pre-order, didnít hear a thing for ages.

Second time Nikon/Canon looses out to Sony by just being late for me.

With Nikon it is a constant story. I remember D800 launch. Same issues.
I am surprised what you are saying about Canon, Canon usually makes tons of things right away.
With D850 slow inventory, Nikon shot themselves in the foot. A lot more people would have bought D850. Since they waited for too long, A7R3 got announced, and now people are cancelling D850 pre-orders for A7R3. In fact, ironically people would probably get A7R3 before they ever get a chance to find a new D850

Nov 10, 2017 at 06:44 PM
absolutic
• • • •
p.57 #4 · p.57 #4 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

I saw on SAR that people in China got their A7R3. Is US still Nov 30 or is there talk of an earlier date?

Nov 10, 2017 at 06:53 PM
PhilthePhrame

p.57 #5 · p.57 #5 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

absolutic wrote:
I saw on SAR that people in China got their A7R3. Is US still Nov 30 or is there talk of an earlier date?

Yes, apparently Chinese purchasers got theirs on Nov. 9.

Here are some links to Chinese photo sites, where some user reports may turn up in a few days.

Should put your Google Translate to the test!

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60360922

Nov 10, 2017 at 06:56 PM
absolutic
• • • •
p.57 #6 · p.57 #6 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

I also just checked on greentoe and submitted an offer there (less than retail) and greentoe site said the retailers are shipping this camera on Nov 28, 2017. Which is 2 days earlier than Amazon com suggests

Nov 10, 2017 at 07:13 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
p.57 #7 · p.57 #7 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

Though I ordered within an hour of B&H accepting orders, I just got an email update from them that told me the A7RIII was "is still out of stock", which is a weird thing to say for something that hasn't even hit the stores yet.

I'm wondering if this is their way of saying my order isn't going to make it out with the first batch that they will get.

Nov 10, 2017 at 07:13 PM
absolutic
• • • •
p.57 #8 · p.57 #8 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

By the way, fellow FredMiranda members,

greentoe accepted my offer of $2999. greentoe sells only USA models (no gray goods). Every little bit helps, so $200 off retail is not bad.

If you want to try your luck at greentoe by offering the same and getting the camera at that price, use my link https://gtoe.me/Vbwc/ATgm7DT0XH I get $25 credit for future purchases that way :-D

After you go there, search for A7RIII and make an offer. I made $2899 and they counteroffered with $2999 which I accepted. You do have to pay in full at the time of acceptance of the offer, so it is not like B&H and Adorama which do not charge your card until they ship.

Nov 10, 2017 at 08:22 PM
PhilthePhrame

p.57 #9 · p.57 #9 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

Someone posted on DPR that B&H has 3,000 pre-orders and that they have ordered even more for general inventory. B&H probably carries some weight with Sony as a major vendor, but I hope they don't suck the pond dry for the rest of us!

Nov 10, 2017 at 08:48 PM
russkny

p.57 #10 · p.57 #10 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

jhinkey wrote:
Though I ordered within an hour of B&H accepting orders, I just got an email update from them that told me the A7RIII was "is still out of stock", which is a weird thing to say for something that hasn't even hit the stores yet.

I'm wondering if this is their way of saying my order isn't going to make it out with the first batch that they will get.

It's just an automated email they send out every two weeks or so for items that are literally "not in stock," regardless if it's available for sale or not. I've been getting one of those for my Xbox One X pre-order for a while

Nov 11, 2017 at 01:09 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

PrecisionPhoto
• • • •
p.57 #11 · p.57 #11 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

Sorry if this page has been linked here already

Sony A7R III Samples

Nov 11, 2017 at 01:10 AM
virtualrain
• • •
p.57 #12 · p.57 #12 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

PhilthePhrame wrote:
Someone posted on DPR that B&H has 3,000 pre-orders and that they have ordered even more for general inventory. B&H probably carries some weight with Sony as a major vendor, but I hope they don't suck the pond dry for the rest of us!

Maybe you saw my post? I said that when I pre-ordered late on the first day of ordering, the guy on chat said I was about 3000 on the list for pre-orders but that my chances of getting a camera in the first batch was very high.

As I also said, I think supplies will be plentiful. This camera is using all off-the-shelf components unless the IBIS module is new, but even it could also be the same old part with minor mods or even software tweaks. Thereís nothing here that supply would be constrained by. Sony is smart... launch a new body using existing parts after the initial A9 demand has tapered off and the yields of 42Mpix sensors has peaked. This will likely be a very profitable camera for Sony. Itís a fantastic strategy on their part.... Minor R&D expense but huge returns, warranted by some tangible benefits in ergonomics and speed. .

Nov 11, 2017 at 08:02 AM
PrecisionPhoto
• • • •
p.57 #13 · p.57 #13 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

The very first A7rIII has been shipped today to Chinese

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/first-a7riii-24-105mm-lens-shipped-chinese-buyers/

Nov 11, 2017 at 12:49 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • •
p.57 #14 · p.57 #14 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

virtualrain wrote:
Maybe you saw my post? I said that when I pre-ordered late on the first day of ordering, the guy on chat said I was about 3000 on the list for pre-orders but that my chances of getting a camera in the first batch was very high.

As I also said, I think supplies will be plentiful. This camera is using all off-the-shelf components unless the IBIS module is new, but even it could also be the same old part with minor mods or even software tweaks. Thereís nothing here that supply would be constrained by. Sony is smart... launch
...Show more

You are probably right. During my 4 years experience with Sony, and i didn't order or pre-oder right away, I always received my cameras, including A7r, A7s, A7 II, A7r II and A9. Even their lenses became immediately available. The only "shortage" I experienced in my Sony days was with Zeiss Batis 25mm and 85mm. Although the number of Sony users has increased dramatically, I really do not anticipate any shortage of the A7r III. Indeed, Sony is "smart" in that respect and they fully realize that a waiting potential customer can be lured away by the offering of another brand. The two big camera makers, on the other hand, seem to be notorious in missing opportunities.

Nov 11, 2017 at 02:02 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • •
p.57 #15 · p.57 #15 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

I ordered exactly at 10 am through Amazon and Iím still nervous about getting it. Iím driving to LA on the first and I want it that morning. Iím hoping they actually ship on the 29th for arrival on the 30th. If it comes on the 1st Iíll pick up at UPS Iím the morning than drive over. Cutting it really close. I️ canceled the zoom for now but than reordered it yeasterday. That maybe 2nd wave and I️ still have not decided on it i just donít like zooms

Nov 11, 2017 at 02:12 PM
dgpfotografia
• •
p.57 #16 · p.57 #16 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

Hi,

Sony is confirming demand is higher than expected: https://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/interview/1090751.html . Source: https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-interviews-a7riii-preorders-higher-estimated/

Regards,

David

Nov 11, 2017 at 02:17 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • •
p.57 #17 · p.57 #17 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

GMPhotography wrote:
I ordered exactly at 10 am through Amazon and Iím still nervous about getting it. Iím driving to LA on the first and I want it that morning. Iím hoping they actually ship on the 29th for arrival on the 30th. If it comes on the 1st Iíll pick up at UPS Iím the morning than drive over. Cutting it really close. I️ canceled the zoom for now but than reordered it yeasterday. That maybe 2nd wave and I️ still have not decided on it i just donít like zooms

Amazon? Don't they charge sales tax to a shipping address in AZ? Or is the order through one of Amazon's vendors? I was in Yosemite when the pre-order started and the internet connection sucked there. Plus, I was busy doing other things while there. So, I didn't bother....; we will see how things turn out.

Nov 11, 2017 at 02:19 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • •
p.57 #18 · p.57 #18 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

Yea this is why i did not order through B&H this time. There just too big on a very high demand product and even though you ordered at 10 am on the bot so did hundreds of others . So you could possibly still miss the first wave. I did not want to risk it and Amazon even though you pay tax in most states less people will order because of that. Now if stock shows up at B&H which every time they do because they reserve some for online than Iíll switch. They been doing this for years. See old dog still knows the tricks. lol 😂

Nov 11, 2017 at 02:23 PM
GMPhotography
• • • • • •
p.57 #19 · p.57 #19 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

Yes i pay tax on Amazon. Not a pleasant thing either. Yes 275 in tax. But I️ almost never go through with it. I️ watch B&H or Adorama when they pop online that day and switch. Than Iíll have to pay overnight which is expensive too last minute. Amazon prime member i pay 8 dollars overnight.

Edited on Nov 11, 2017 at 02:29 PM · View previous versions

Nov 11, 2017 at 02:25 PM
AGeoJO
• • • • • •
p.57 #20 · p.57 #20 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

dgpfotografia wrote:
Hi,

Sony is confirming demand is higher than expected: https://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/interview/1090751.html . Source: https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-interviews-a7riii-preorders-higher-estimated/

Regards,

David

Sony is smarter not to confirming that

Nov 11, 2017 at 02:27 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password