Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              66      
       end

Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

Outdoors20

Upload & Sell: On
p.67 #1 · p.67 #1 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

DraigPhoto wrote:
I received mine (UK) last week.
I shot it alongside my a9 all weekend at a Dog Sledding, Bikejour, Cani X event.
Very impressed!

I'm a full time working pro and not a reviewer but did a little write up on my initial thoughts/experience here if interested,

http://draigphotography.com/blog/2017/11/sony-a7riii-and-a9

Thank you for sharing your initial observations. Helpful to see from someone who also has an a9. Great to see "(yes we can finally assign a "punch in/out to/from apsc with one button)"

Nov 21, 2017 at 12:12 AM
DraigPhoto

Upload & Sell: Off
p.67 #2 · p.67 #2 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

The apsc being assignable to a custom button was great! I found myself using it a lot, and when I had 70-200 GM mounted I didn't miss the 100-400 GM on a9 so much.

Nov 21, 2017 at 12:22 AM
Outdoors20

p.67 #3 · p.67 #3 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

DraigPhoto wrote:
The apsc being assignable to a custom button was great! I found myself using it a lot, and when I had 70-200 GM mounted I didn't miss the 100-400 GM on a9 so much.

That sounds fantastic. The approx 75% speed of A9 is better than I guessed to so I will take that. If they had PM app I would sell my Sony a7RII. Maybe still will down the road.

Any experience using with Metabones IV or Sigma MC-11? Im guessing not as it looks like you only shoot native glass.

Nov 21, 2017 at 12:25 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • •
p.67 #4 · p.67 #4 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

Exactly what I wanted to hear. 75 percent of the A9

No one has actually given a real percentage. So thanks for that

Nov 21, 2017 at 01:03 AM
Outdoors20

p.67 #5 · p.67 #5 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

GMPhotography wrote:
Exactly what I wanted to hear. 75 percent of the A9

No one has actually given a real percentage. So thanks for that

Yes good to here a rough estimate.

BTW since you have/had an A9. What screen protector you recommend?

I was between

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VULCAN-Glass-Screen-Protector-for-Sony-A9-LCD-Tough-Anti-Scratch-Cover/382199542221?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

and

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&O=&Q=&ap=y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxe3Ug8TO1wIVBA9pCh0csQoBEAQYASABEgKrTvD_BwE&is=REG&m=Y&sku=1333270

One worry was this review for the PCK-LG1
Buy This Screen Protector at Your Own Risk I was considering the Vello screen protector for my new Sony A9, but decided to get the Sony PCK-LG1 when I saw that it is for the A9 and allows use of the new touch sensitive A9 LCD. I was very careful about cleaning my LCD and aligning the protector over the LCD, but I had two problems. The first is that the adhesive draws the protective sheet down on the LCD very quickly, so I didn't get perfect alignment. But the serious problem was that the adhesive side of... Read full review Reviewed by 5 customers Sort By: 6/18/2017 Buy This Screen Protector at Your Own Risk By William VERIFIED BUYER I was considering the Vello screen protector for my new Sony A9, but decided to get the Sony PCK-LG1 when I saw that it is for the A9 and allows use of the new touch sensitive A9 LCD. I was very careful about cleaning my LCD and aligning the protector over the LCD, but I had two problems. The first is that the adhesive draws the protective sheet down on the LCD very quickly, so I didn't get perfect alignment. But the serious problem was that the adhesive side of the protector didn't attach evenly to the surface, leaving a circular bubble in the middle. I had to press extremely hard--in spite of the instructions not to press too hard--in order to eliminate most of the bubble. I say 'most' because there is still a small spot visible that I can't get rid of. I was worried that I'd break the LCD or the protector, but I didn't. As the Vello advertises the use of static and not adhesive to adhere to the LCD, I'd suggest using that. Although the back of my new camera looks pretty good now and I don't notice the small spot, the application experience was traumatic and I wouldn't recommend it. In the instructions, Sony warns that you are fully responsible for the results of applying this sheet to your camera.

Nov 21, 2017 at 01:39 AM
Wanny
• •
p.67 #6 · p.67 #6 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

DraigPhoto wrote:
I shot it alongside my a9 all weekend at a Dog Sledding, Bikejour, Cani X event.
Very impressed!

I'm a full time working pro and not a reviewer but did a little write up on my initial thoughts/experience here if interested,

Thank you very much, you made me excited to get the camera =]

Nov 21, 2017 at 01:49 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

GMPhotography
• • • • • •
p.67 #7 · p.67 #7 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

Outdoors20 wrote:
Yes good to here a rough estimate.

BTW since you have/had an A9. What screen protector you recommend?

I was between

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VULCAN-Glass-Screen-Protector-for-Sony-A9-LCD-Tough-Anti-Scratch-Cover/382199542221?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

and

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=details&O=&Q=&ap=y&c3api=1876%2C%7Bcreative%7D%2C%7Bkeyword%7D&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxe3Ug8TO1wIVBA9pCh0csQoBEAQYASABEgKrTvD_BwE&is=REG&m=Y&sku=1333270

One worry was this review for the PCK-LG1
Buy This Screen Protector at Your Own Risk I was considering the Vello screen protector for my new Sony A9, but decided to get the Sony PCK-LG1 when I saw that it is for the A9 and allows use of the new touch sensitive A9 LCD. I was very careful about cleaning my LCD and aligning the protector over the LCD, but I had two problems. The first is that the adhesive
...Show more

I have the Sony version. Itís seems really good

You just have to take your time applying it and get it the first try. I have other glass protectors and I cracked everyone on the edges. I just bought a new one for the A7rIII.

Also once I get the one side corners aligned I use a micro cloth to press it out the rest of the way. That gets any bubbles out. Also the cloth wonít scratch either

Nov 21, 2017 at 02:20 AM
Trek_of_Joy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.67 #8 · p.67 #8 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

DraigPhoto wrote:
Very impressed!

Great writeup, thanks for sharing your thoughts. The shots you posted are from the 70-200 and 100-400?

Edited on Nov 21, 2017 at 02:33 AM · View previous versions

Nov 21, 2017 at 02:32 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • • •
p.67 #9 · p.67 #9 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

Btw I look at the A7rIII over the A9 as I lose 25 percent speed for 42mpx. Iíll take that lose because the A9 is a rocket.

Nov 21, 2017 at 02:32 AM
Outdoors20

p.67 #10 · p.67 #10 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

GMPhotography wrote:
I have the Sony version. Itís seems really good

You just have to take your time applying it and get it the first try. I have other glass protectors and I cracked everyone on the edges. I just bought a new one for the A7rIII.

Also once I get the one side corners aligned I use a micro cloth to press it out the rest of the way. That gets any bubbles out. Also the cloth wonít scratch either

Thank you this was helpful and the direction I was leaning.

Nov 21, 2017 at 02:38 AM
Outdoors20

p.67 #11 · p.67 #11 · Pre-orders open! Sony A7R III and FE 24-105mm f/4 OSS lens!

GMPhotography wrote:
Btw I look at the A7rIII over the A9 as I lose 25 percent speed for 42mpx. Iíll take that lose because the A9 is a rocket.

Yes the ability to crop architectural, portrait and other types of shots and have good working file left is priceless especially since I don't need a rocket as I don't shoot sports, etc.

Nov 21, 2017 at 02:41 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password