FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Wedding flyer/brochure at the Wedding

level1photog
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Wedding flyer/brochure at the Wedding

I've seen photographer leaving wedding flyer/brochure at weddings in a holder. What do you guys think about it? Good advertisement?

Oct 25, 2017 at 12:49 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Wedding flyer/brochure at the Wedding

Quality business cards.

Oct 25, 2017 at 01:09 AM
BSPhotog
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Wedding flyer/brochure at the Wedding

Seems a bit tacky. If someone there sees you and likes what you're doing, they'll find you.

Also, I'm not brilliant at advertising/marketing so take that with a grain of salt .

Oct 25, 2017 at 01:21 AM
glort
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Wedding flyer/brochure at the Wedding

It's not something I would do myself.

I have left a couple of business cards on tables at the couples suggestion. I have also put them in prominent places with permission from the venue like the end of the bar or on a table in the foyer. Brochures I think are a bit indiscreet.
Aside from that, physically too big. No where for the girls to put them and the guys would have to fold them up and stuff them in a pocket which could be unsightly, uncomfortable and be detrimental tot he presentation of the piece having it all wrinkled and crushed anyway.
I think a card is a much more appropriate medium for the application and you should be able to make a card as impressive as a brochure anyway.

in that situation, I think one would find hose interested are going to be watching you and what you do and put a lot of stock in that. I have certainly had a LOT of people come up and comment to me on the way I work and ask me about dates before they have seen any pics. They get a fair idea just from watching you set pics up as to what they will look like.

Best on the day marketing I think is a slide show of the day shown at the reception. If you can't win them over with the images ( even if you haven't worked on them for hours to get them "right"), involve them with a powerful sound track, impress them with the speed of turn around, and get them when they are feeling the emotion of the day, can't think of anything else that's going to get you over the line.

The times I have done these Shows I have ALWAYS had people coming up and talking to me with an interest for booking me for their Purposes be they wedding, portraits or a commercial job for work.

Oct 25, 2017 at 02:10 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

elkhornsun
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Wedding flyer/brochure at the Wedding

I provide a sampling of wedding photos online for guests to purchase as 8x10 prints and it is handled by a service. I provide the URL on a wallet size print that I have done on Kodak Endura metallic paper and that has an image of the couple from the engagement session. Each guest has a reason to take the wallet print home.

I get some exposure from this and also do with the guest book which is done as a custom album with the images from the engagement sessions and either less than full page size images or screened back images so that the guests can sign over them. The guests can write a personalized message, unlike a regular "guest book" that has a line for each guest.

Oct 26, 2017 at 11:28 PM
StarNut
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Wedding flyer/brochure at the Wedding

I am the father of a recent bride, and an avid amateur photographer. I am not a professional wedding photographer. So take this with however many grains of salt you wish.

As the FOTB at a wonderful wedding, I would not have had any objection to the photographer having a pile of business cards around.

But I also think that anyone at the wedding who liked what they saw (and, really, it's too early for anyone to care until they see the photos) would ask the bride who her photographer was.

So I think your best advertising is to act professionally at the event, and produce excellent photos.

Mark

Oct 28, 2017 at 01:56 AM
mikethevilla
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Wedding flyer/brochure at the Wedding

Tacky. Probably plays really well in the low budget crowd though.

I would remind you that at the end of the day, it's a wedding - a celebration of the couple. And as much as we all need to grow our businesses, anything that doesn't have to do with the wedding probably shouldn't have a place there.

The best "advertisement" at a wedding I've seen was a photographer who did a day-of slideshow and surprised the couple with it. Important to note: He didn't surprise the coordinator with it, he made sure to coordinate with her team as well. That did a way better job at showing off his work to everyone at the wedding and also kept the focus on the couple, while giving them something extra to enjoy.

Oct 28, 2017 at 03:49 AM
kedan
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Wedding flyer/brochure at the Wedding

Business cards worked best for me, left at various strategic places as the venue, or even tables.

Nov 13, 2017 at 02:06 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password