FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

LR CCC Performance

Zenon Char
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · LR CCC Performance

arbitrage wrote:
I just figured out two solutions to my slowness...
1) Move LR window to my lower res screen or make Lr window smaller on my 5K screen
2) Turn OFF using graphics card....this made the biggest improvement and now it is instant switching and opening the crop tool.

Looks like there are issues displaying to a 5K screen combined with having Lr use the Graphics card. Without using the Graphics card I can use the 5K screen (full screen) and everything is now pretty fast.

I will keep experimenting.

I turned my graphics processor on yesterday. I'll try both and report.

Nov 03, 2017 at 03:36 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · LR CCC Performance

Deleted: Not LR's fault - Win 10 died requiring a complete reinstall after consecutive BSOD's and repair loops.

Scary.

Edited on Nov 06, 2017 at 02:11 AM · View previous versions

Nov 03, 2017 at 05:12 AM
lighthound
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · LR CCC Performance

I tried turning of my graphics card off but didn't see any improvement.

Has anyone else noticed no visible change to the full size image while adjusting such things as sharpness and NR? I can crank either of these to the max and see no change to the main image.
Also in the 1:1 view box I use to be able to left click and hold down to see before and after but that seems to be missing as well now. The only way to see before and after is to click the on/off box and even then it only shows up on the little 1:1 view box.

Nov 03, 2017 at 02:23 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Zenon Char
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · LR CCC Performance

lighthound wrote:
I tried turning of my graphics card off but didn't see any improvement.

Has anyone else noticed no visible change to the full size image while adjusting such things as sharpness and NR? I can crank either of these to the max and see no change to the main image.
Also in the 1:1 view box I use to be able to left click and hold down to see before and after but that seems to be missing as well now. The only way to see before and after is to click the on/off box and even then it only shows up
...Show more

Me neither.

Nov 03, 2017 at 02:43 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · LR CCC Performance

I got this from this site. The whole thread is below. I started it. This site is pretty good for LR questions. I have not been there in a long while. I first joined to see if Jeff Schewe's explanation of how the detail slider worked that I read at other sites was accurate.

A key reason to choose standard or 1:1 is if you use import time presets or if you use other tools (e.g. Photo Mechanic) to crop photos before import. Embedded will then not show the effect of the preset or crops, but standard and 1:1 will.

With Classic and a reasonably powered computer, standard preview build is a lot faster, and Adobe's questionable implementation of embedded display mean it is often not much slower to build standard (it is a lot slower to build 1:1).

https://www.lightroomforums.net/threads/replace-embedded-previews-with-standard-previews.33192/

Nov 03, 2017 at 02:48 PM
Abuttolph
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · LR CCC Performance

I have noticed a substantial improvement in initial image rendering. Before this new upgrade, I waited quite a while for any image to show up in full resolution, but now either the wait is really short or there is no wait at all.

There are some issues though. Two that I have found so far:
1. If I select multiple images to delete, it gives me an error saying that one of the files cannot be deleted. But then it does delete it.
2. I don't know if this one can be repeated, but on one image that I was tinkering with a couple of days ago, the highlights slider got reversed - moving it to the right darkened the highlights and moving it to the left lightened them. It had worked fine for a while before that happened.

Nov 05, 2017 at 11:04 PM
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password