New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Help with processing - newborn photos

FunkyPDB
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help with processing - newborn photos

Hey Everyone! Just had the pleasure of setting up an in-home "studio" to shoot my newborn twins Declan & Calvin ... Lots of fun, a ton of work, and definitely a different lifestyle already as these are my first two. In any event, I read a ton on how to do this on my own, and I think I got a couple of keepers.

On to my question, I would love some assistance / guidance on how to process these using lightroom. I have a very basic skill set and fairly competent with the basic tab. Where I might want to see some advice would be some localized edits / adjustments and any style suggestions. I know that this is personal to each person, but I would love some ideas and just some thoughts.

Looking forward to any help and any composition tips as well! Thanks

PS- I shoot with a sony a6000 so this is an APSC sensor size so factor the lens length accordingly. Also, all images are SOOC with just some slight cropping in place but no other edits.

ISO 640 - 35mm - f2.2 - 1/320 sec .... Calvin

ISO 800 - 35mm - f/2.2 - 1/200 sec .... Calvin

ISO 3200 - 35mm - f/2.8 - 1/400 sec .... Declan

ISO 3200 - 35mm - f/2.2 - 1/640 sec .... Declan

Oct 23, 2017 at 11:14 PM
egd5
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help with processing - newborn photos

You know, since Lightroom is more a visual editor, and it is non destructive, I think the best answer is just move sliders around and play with it. You'll soon see what you like and don't like.
If there's something about any particular pic you don't like work on that first, then move to your second least liked thing, etc.
These all look pretty good for sooc, maybe a little noisy, or maybe it's just newborn skin. I don't have kids so I don't know.

Oct 24, 2017 at 01:15 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password