New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Great deal on G-Raid dual 6TB drives and housing

Jon Joshua
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Great deal on G-Raid dual 6TB drives and housing

I just bought 3 G-Raid2 1TB drives for $70. Pop them open, change the jumpers, and you have 2 external 500gb drives instead of a 1tb RAID0.

On W10, you can create a drivespace using both drives to have a 500gb mirrored drive.

Oct 27, 2017 at 01:51 AM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Great deal on G-Raid dual 6TB drives and housing

Do these drives only store files made on CANON cameras?

Oct 27, 2017 at 01:53 AM
dolina
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Great deal on G-Raid dual 6TB drives and housing

Jeffrey wrote:
Do these drives only store files made on CANON cameras?

Yes, that's why it's $200 off.

Oct 27, 2017 at 06:29 AM
Herb
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Great deal on G-Raid dual 6TB drives and housing

Grampy wrote:
Thanks Herb, but after I sent the text to you, I tried to access the drive and it said it had an error and windows came in and I had to scan and repair. I guess I'm going to have to call G tech and see if they can test drive for me. Do you turn your drive on after booting windows or before, maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Yes, I am able to read and write to it. Took me a few tries to get it sorted out, mostly because of me.....

Oct 27, 2017 at 05:12 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Great deal on G-Raid dual 6TB drives and housing

Herb, have you thought about stepping up to a NAS? It's more expensive, but it gets you more capacity and/or redundancy.

Oct 27, 2017 at 05:42 PM
Herb
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Great deal on G-Raid dual 6TB drives and housing

dmacmillan wrote:
Herb, have you thought about stepping up to a NAS? It's more expensive, but it gets you more capacity and/or redundancy.

I have a Synology unit with dual drives....I used to have it tied to the internet with its own web address, but something happened (still not sure what) but it lost its ability to be accessed from the internet. I tried all kinds of things and was on the phone many times with Synology and my IP provider and couldnt get it straightened out. I will probably get it down (have it up on top of a cabinet next to the cabling for the internet) and just use it as you suggest. If I recall I think it is limited to drive size.

The only thing I didnt like about it was that it seemed terrible slow over wireless in the house. If I plug the ethernet cable in direct from my computer I might find that it is ok for storage.....

Oct 27, 2017 at 05:54 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Great deal on G-Raid dual 6TB drives and housing

Herb wrote:
The only thing I didnt like about it was that it seemed terrible slow over wireless in the house. If I plug the ethernet cable in direct from my computer I might find that it is ok for storage.....

I have a hard wired network at home. I don't have a NAS yet, but I'm looking real hard at a 5 disk unit. Right now I have my photo files on different hard drives, two internal and two external.

Oct 27, 2017 at 06:23 PM
anselwannab
• • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Great deal on G-Raid dual 6TB drives and housing

So that is not a NAS drive, just a USB, though USB 3.0 at least, drive? In a MAC family, could I attach it to one MAC and share it over a Wi-fi network to other computers?

Oct 28, 2017 at 03:21 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

TeamSpeed
• • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Great deal on G-Raid dual 6TB drives and housing

You need a synology that has a dual or quad core processor with at least 1gb ddr ram. Mine is an old ds213j unit and is also slow with wifi, due to its specs.

Oct 28, 2017 at 09:19 AM
Michael White
• • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Great deal on G-Raid dual 6TB drives and housing

I have a raid enclosure with 4 4tb wd reds connected to my Mac Pro thru esata and two dual drive bay synology units on my network plus a buffalo quad bay and nother older quad bay NAS plus a 3tb Apple time machine. Must have wd 4tb Red drive plus more in my cMP I use wd my books to back these up for off sight storage.

Oct 30, 2017 at 08:11 AM
lenticular11
• • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Great deal on G-Raid dual 6TB drives and housing

The B&H price (daily special) just dropped to $449...somewhat galling since I bought at the earlier $599 price and I have a 0.73 XR to factor in.

My unit has arrived and is happily being put to use alongside other USB drives and my QNAP NAS 4-disk RAID.

Nov 01, 2017 at 07:00 AM
dolina
• • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Great deal on G-Raid dual 6TB drives and housing

lenticular11 wrote:
The B&H price (daily special) just dropped to $449...somewhat galling since I bought at the earlier $599 price and I have a 0.73 XR to factor in.

My unit has arrived and is happily being put to use alongside other USB drives and my QNAP NAS 4-disk RAID.

BH was nudging me to buy it at $599. I was factoring in shipping cost from the US to the Philippines and thought it might be better to buy it here instead for warranty.

Today's price is half the Philippine price before shipping from the US to the Philippines. ^_^

The cheapest single 12TB Internal drive (Seagate Ironwolf) is $450.

Nov 01, 2017 at 02:40 PM
Herb
• • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Great deal on G-Raid dual 6TB drives and housing

dgdg wrote:
Thanks Herb.
It's a tough call with the much cheaper My Book Duo 12Tb for $439. They use WD Red.
https://www.wdc.com/products/external-storage/my-book-duo.html#WDBFBE0120JBK-NESN

About 10 days after I ordered mine they had a new price that was $80 lower. I called B &H customer service and asked that $80 be refunded to me since they now had a lower price. No problem. Got the $80 credit to my card! I like doing biz with B&H as they are fair.

Nov 06, 2017 at 03:23 PM
dolina
• • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Great deal on G-Raid dual 6TB drives and housing

Herb wrote:
About 10 days after I ordered mine they had a new price that was $80 lower. I called B &H customer service and asked that $80 be refunded to me since they now had a lower price. No problem. Got the $80 credit to my card! I like doing biz with B&H as they are fair.

Amazon does not do this.

Nov 06, 2017 at 09:47 PM
Herb
• • • •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Great deal on G-Raid dual 6TB drives and housing

dolina wrote:
Amazon does not do this.

Another reason to buy from B&H

Nov 07, 2017 at 08:24 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell