end

Archive 2017 · Matt Granger - D850 youtube review

Steve Perry
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Matt Granger - D850 youtube review

gannis wrote:
Awesome Steve.

Any idea if it is possible to assign one of those Fn/Pv buttons to toggle between 12/14bit? I just wished Nikon had an option similar to assigning AF area modes..like using Single point focus as default while assigning group AF on the joy stick...will be nice to have a similar implementation where one can use 14bit lossless compressed as the default and then hold on to Pv/Fn to use 12bit when one needs deeper buffer.

I just ran through the menu and didn't see any option for it. Brilliant idea though!

Oct 26, 2017 at 09:18 AM
gannis
• •
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Matt Granger - D850 youtube review

This whole vertical grip story on the D850 is a bit annoying!!! particularly the price in India...it costs about 620 USD BTW, one needs to also purchase a D5 battery chamber cover right?...cost for the incremental 2 FPS - the Grip+En-EL18+MH26AA+chamber cover is going to almost cost me 75-80% of a new D500 body and still 1 FPS less then D500 lol...

Oct 26, 2017 at 09:48 AM
bs kite
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Matt Granger - D850 youtube review

I totally agree.

When the time comes, I plan on going with the Vello. I have it on my D500 and it is AT LEAST on par with the Nikon grips I have on 2 other bodies. This Vello D500 grip appears to be identical to the Nikon. Top quality. And that is for 25% of the Nikon. I have posted this in several places.

Any talk of voiding a warranty is foolishness. You say it is $620 USD? So Nikon, why not try for $1000?

So Gannis, why get upset? Just don't play the Nikon marketing game. There are other options for you .

gannis wrote:
This whole vertical grip story on the D850 is a bit annoying!!! particularly the price in India...it costs about 620 USD BTW, one needs to also purchase a D5 battery chamber cover right?...cost for the incremental 2 FPS - the Grip+En-EL18+MH26AA+chamber cover is going to almost cost me 75-80% of a new D500 body and still 1 FPS less then D500 lol...

Oct 26, 2017 at 10:07 AM
gannis
• •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Matt Granger - D850 youtube review

I have no problems in using a third party grip..as long as i get the 2 extra FPS...

bs kite wrote:
I totally agree.

When the time comes, I plan on going with the Vello. I have it on my D500 and it is AT LEAST on par with the Nikon grips I have on 2 other bodies. This Vello D500 grip appears to be identical to the Nikon. Top quality. And that is for 25% of the Nikon. I have posted this in several places.

Any talk of voiding a warranty is foolishness. You say it is $620 USD? So Nikon, why not try for $1000?

So Gannis, why get upset? Just don't play the Nikon marketing game. There
...Show more

Oct 26, 2017 at 10:14 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.