Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Bangor vs Portland, ME - which it visit in early November?

mrlnyc

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bangor vs Portland, ME - which it visit in early November?

Hi everyone,

Iím surprising my girlfriend with a weekend getaway in a couple weeks. Originally and currently booked are flights to Portland, ME. After doing a little more research, stumbled onto a town called Bangor, ME which seems like another worthy destination. Both flights cost the same amount of miles.

Would love it if anyone more familiar can provide some first-hand perspective of both/thoughts on why one over the other?

My girlfriend loves hiking and nature so Acadia National Park / Bangor is a contender, however she also loves a nice small town with good food and scenery which seems Portlandesque.

Looking forward to seeing the responses and thanks in advance for any suggestions/help.

Manny

Oct 23, 2017 at 11:51 AM
OfTheWild

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bangor vs Portland, ME - which it visit in early November?

I'm pretty familiar with both as my family lives in midcoast Maine. I vote Portland. You can still find amazing hiking and nature around Portland... no need to go to Bangor (everyone always wants to go to Bar Harbor anyway). It is right on the water so plenty of good places to head up the coastline. The food is pretty good I guess. Theres a small but decent bar scene. Hotels are expensive but coming from NY you probably are used to that. And the airport is really really easy.

Nov 03, 2017 at 04:59 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bangor vs Portland, ME - which it visit in early November?

I agree! Portland's revitalized waterfront area is filled with photo ops!!!! Old town Portland also. Small coastal towns N&S of Portland filled with photo ops.
My brother has a house on the island of Vinalhaven..can only get there by ferry. One of the rarest lighthouses in America there. It is a lobster fishing town and the harbor and surrounding sites are reached by foot or bike. Camden is fantastic!
Good luck and happy shooting!
Dan

Nov 04, 2017 at 12:33 PM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password