New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

Small Type in PS With a 4k IPS Screened Laptop

shutterbug guy
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Small Type in PS With a 4k IPS Screened Laptop

Thanks for the link Odyssey1812. This is one way that Iíve tried without any success. Although adding/changing the registries isnít my forte I did try it many times from start to finish with no glory. Iíll give it another try in a day or two, perhaps Iím missing something.

BTW Adobe let me know about an update for PS CS6 today which was surprising, unfortunately it did not address the UI scaling issue though.

Odyssey1812 wrote:
I used this work-around from a prior FM post (I can't seem to find it), but the link is below. This allowed me to scale up on CS6 on my 3820 x 2160 laptop screen.

https://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

Oct 27, 2017 at 01:54 AM
Alan321
• • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Small Type in PS With a 4k IPS Screened Laptop

As much as you might dislike the appearance of Ps on a 4k screen, or any high-dpi screen, the Ps interface does have an advantage over some programs: it can show the images at a genuine 1:1 ratio between screen pixels and image pixels. No Windows scaling involved. You probably won't get that with software that relies on the Windows scaling factor to produce the right size (such as Office), nor with browsers that additionally have their own scaling factors.

So although the Ps interface looks a bit cramped on a 24" 4k screen with 185dpi, the photos that I'm displaying do look great. So long as they have enough pixels to not look like thumbnails.

Nov 02, 2017 at 04:00 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Small Type in PS With a 4k IPS Screened Laptop

On my 5K iMac, I want to increase font size, too. And in Bridge, I can barely read the folder hierarchy window text. I posted this question on the Adobe Community Discussion forums. No one responded. Am I the only person using Bridge on an iMac who is over 40 years old?

Nov 02, 2017 at 04:31 PM
juanpafer1

Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Small Type in PS With a 4k IPS Screened Laptop

I have successfully scaled CS6 on my high res screen, using the danantonielli method. Make sure you are applying it to the right software (32 vs 64 bit)

Nov 08, 2017 at 02:58 AM
shutterbug guy
• •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Small Type in PS With a 4k IPS Screened Laptop

juanpafer1 wrote:
I have successfully scaled CS6 on my high res screen, using the danantonielli method. Make sure you are applying it to the right software (32 vs 64 bit)

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I'm unable to make it work. I used both the 32 bit and 64 bit locations with no joy. I must be doing something wrong however it appears that I'm following the instructions perfectly.

Nov 08, 2017 at 03:41 AM
       end

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password