New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

My nephews wife and his daughter...a special photo

Herb
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · My nephews wife and his daughter...a special photo

My sister who passed away about 7 to 8 years ago always wanted to have another girl in the family. When my daughter was born she ended up being the only girl in the family for many many years. My sister had two boys, my cousin had a boy and my other cousin had 3 boys, so a girl was pretty special in her eyes. My nephew and his wife, Suzy (they werent married then) have now had two girls.

In this photo is my nephews wife and their youngest Lilly. What I like about this photo in particular is my sisters photo looking over Suzy's right shoulder. The smile on my sisters face in the photo would have been equally as big today looking at her granddaughter, Lilly.

I have told my nephew Alex, many times how happy grandchildren would have made his mom. When I see his girls they put a smile on my face and I smile for both my sister and me. I hope this photo puts a smile on your face as well as I didnt realize the photo in the background until I was developing the RAW photos.....then I knew this was special.

©Herb 2017

Three important women to me....

Oct 22, 2017 at 10:23 PM
bluerunner
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · My nephews wife and his daughter...a special photo

Beautiful picture and a touching story.

Oct 23, 2017 at 12:20 AM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · My nephews wife and his daughter...a special photo

bluerunner wrote:
Beautiful picture and a touching story.

Thank you...I had tears in my eyes when I was writing it....I really miss my sister....she was 8 years older than me and always looked out for me.....

Oct 23, 2017 at 01:07 AM
learn2photo

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · My nephews wife and his daughter...a special photo

What a great story! I just shared it with my wife.

Oct 23, 2017 at 01:27 AM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · My nephews wife and his daughter...a special photo

learn2photo wrote:
What a great story! I just shared it with my wife.

Thank you......she would have been so proud of my nephew having children....I donít think any of us thought that would happen. And now it has happened twice with two girls. She would have burst with joy!

Oct 23, 2017 at 01:29 AM
DonM2
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · My nephews wife and his daughter...a special photo

Herb ....

Along with being an accomplished camera driver, your post here certifies you and your families as 'actual 'humans among possible humans'!

If I was about 20 yrs. younger I'd try to make the trek to meet you and your precious family.

.... DonM2

Oct 23, 2017 at 03:20 AM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · My nephews wife and his daughter...a special photo

DonM2 wrote:
Herb ....

Along with being an accomplished camera driver, your post here certifies you and your families as 'actual 'humans among possible humans'!

If I was about 20 yrs. younger I'd try to make the trek to meet you and your precious family.

.... DonM2

I am almost 62. My dad is still alive and will be 94 at Thanksgiving time. For my dads milestone birthdays, like 85, 90, 95 etc we bring the entire family together for that. It means a lot to him. His sister lived to be 100, so that is his goal, to catch her. But when he was 88, he had just sold his business and was going to slow down. 6 months later he had a stroke and tha5 knocked a lot of the wind out of his sails.

He doesnít drive anymore but keeps his car up to snuff with plates and insurance. Only person that drives it anymore is me when I come down to see him. I live up near Cleveland and he lives in Alexandria right outside of DC. I make it a point to see him at least once a month. I will fly down for a long weekend.

So there you go......some of the history of my family.....

Oct 23, 2017 at 03:54 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jim Rickards
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · My nephews wife and his daughter...a special photo

Special shot, Herb. Thanks for the story behind it.

Oct 23, 2017 at 07:01 AM
JagmeetSingh

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · My nephews wife and his daughter...a special photo

Really Heart touching caption and yes, this picture puts smile on my face.

Beautiful pic !!

Oct 23, 2017 at 12:17 PM
kmunroe
• • • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · My nephews wife and his daughter...a special photo

Jim Rickards wrote:
Special shot, Herb. Thanks for the story behind it.

+1

Oct 24, 2017 at 08:39 AM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · My nephews wife and his daughter...a special photo

kmunroe wrote:
+1

thank you.....my sister was very special to me.....

Oct 24, 2017 at 04:12 PM
Rajan Parrikar
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · My nephews wife and his daughter...a special photo

Beautiful, both the image and your account.

Oct 26, 2017 at 03:46 AM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · My nephews wife and his daughter...a special photo

Great bio here Herb! Longevity is in your genes..Uh oh....Herb here on FM for 30 more years??
Joking aside..great job and story! With disaster all around us, we need a "reality check" here!
Dan

Nov 02, 2017 at 12:42 PM
Herb
• • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · My nephews wife and his daughter...a special photo

Danpbphoto wrote:
Great bio here Herb! Longevity is in your genes..Uh oh....Herb here on FM for 30 more years??
Joking aside..great job and story! With disaster all around us, we need a "reality check" here!
Dan

Thanks Dan....well on here since 2002....my first digital SLR was the D30 which took some great shots...then the 1D...I really struggled with that camera and was constantly amazed with Fredís ability to get that camera to sing....I hope I can be on here for another 34 years if I am to catch my dad...he is still going and turns 94 at Thanksgiving.

You never know how much you will miss someone until you just canít pick up the phone and chat with them....thatís when it hits home for me.....

Nov 02, 2017 at 01:47 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password