• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · portfolio feedback... art edition

I really like the final shot.

Nov 01, 2017 at 05:07 PM
Lanny Mann

p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · portfolio feedback... art edition

Heiko, I love these. So bold. 2nd photo with triangular dress and bride's hand is probably my fav. My advice would be not to overthink how to incorporate this "style" into your "brand." Just do it. And show it. Your "style" should only be defined by what you like, and you obviously like this. It's not all you like, of course. But by incorporating it in amongst all your other imagery, you'll be redefining the boundaries of your "style" and attracting the clients who also appreciate it. Don't let preconceptions about "style" prevent you from showing the world your versatility. Keep pushing! My 2 cents.

Nov 04, 2017 at 01:28 PM
heikoM
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · portfolio feedback... art edition

Lanny Mann wrote:
Heiko, I love these. So bold. 2nd photo with triangular dress and bride's hand is probably my fav. My advice would be not to overthink how to incorporate this "style" into your "brand." Just do it. And show it. Your "style" should only be defined by what you like, and you obviously like this. It's not all you like, of course. But by incorporating it in amongst all your other imagery, you'll be redefining the boundaries of your "style" and attracting the clients who also appreciate it. Don't let preconceptions about "style" prevent you from showing the world your
...Show more

thank you Lanny!

we already did.

by the way... did you get your co-author copy of the book? (0:

heiko

Nov 04, 2017 at 11:27 PM
trashschollie

p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · portfolio feedback... art edition

jasonhupe wrote:
This total reminds me of what a portfolio would look like if you asked Ralph Gibson to photograph during some weddings. That should be taken as a huge compliment.

indeed, that was my first Impression.

i like it very much. but.... i would not try to sell it as wedding photography. i would print a book, or print it on fineartpaper, frame it and make an Exhibition.

But (the next but) ... i can understand what you want and why. sometimes its hard to fulfill the wishes of the customer instead of my own ones.
if you succeed in bringing this two lines in one, you are on the next level. just do it.

Nov 10, 2017 at 11:02 PM
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password