New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · First impressions of the RX10 MKiV

SoundHound
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · First impressions of the RX10 MKiV

Just setting up my MKIV. First, it does do BBAF (I assign the AEL button)! The menus are very much "A9 like" and are much larger-more complete than the MKIII and only a bit less than the A9. Both bodies seem identical in size (my Chinese L Plate fits both models) with the same buttons/controls.

This is a very complicated camera-ditto with the Manual and Help Guide. Just because it is "only" a bridge camera doesn't mean it doesn't need the Full Monte of new camera attention. However, if you have an A9 (I don't have any other Sony camera except the RX100 MKV) much will be familiar,

The manual is available @ https://docs.sony.com/release//Manual_4725744111.pdf

However, the " Help Guide" is really the manual you want @ https://docs.sony.com/release//Help_4725901112.pdf

I can have a bit more info after I study the camera more.

MKIV with filter no lens hood.

Oct 20, 2017 at 07:27 PM
lightskyland
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · First impressions of the RX10 MKiV

Got mine today also.

This camera is insane - 24 FPS and the focus keeps up. Looking forward to photographing birds with it tomorrow.

Oct 20, 2017 at 07:44 PM
traveler
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · First impressions of the RX10 MKiV

I completely enjoyed the MkIII before but indeed longed for the fast focusing on their more advanced cameras. Got my MkIV Tuesday and thus far it flat out nails no matter what I aim at. Even difficult focus situations like when a subject goes behind a bush then comes out, it remains IN focus which I've not had a camera do in the past. It is tenacious in it's focusing to be sure. Dead on accurate as always in single shot. I love the dancing green focus spots as they track when you have the expanded mode or Wide mode on. In Wide if it locks onto something it stays on it like a cheetah on it's prey. Love the build quality and the small mods they did, like the now completely knurled Aperture knob (shows they listen to the customers). Even the focus mode selector switch is tighter then it was before on the MkIII with no slop. The very slight bump on the LCD rez was noticed on a few things I've taken shots of so many times before on the MkIII so that's also good. The plethora of customization is much like that of the A9 which is quite a gift. Based alone on the feedback of other who have ordered or already have it I can see this is a HUGE hit for Sony.

Oct 20, 2017 at 09:55 PM
SoundHound
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · First impressions of the RX10 MKiV

Just tested minimum Focus @ 600mm (equivalent). Something like 2.5' !! Also note the big button on the lens which can be assigned to BBAF. Easy to find and operate.

Oct 20, 2017 at 10:02 PM
lightskyland
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · First impressions of the RX10 MKiV

I have a diopter for mine - works well, but I rarely need it.

Oct 20, 2017 at 10:26 PM
wjlapier
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · First impressions of the RX10 MKiV

I don't mind bridge cameras. Owned Lumix FZ200 and now have a Lumix FZ300. I use it sparingly as I usually use my A6000 with 70-200/4--mostly shooting my kid in XC and track, and HS school jazz band. So, if this new Sony RX10IV has the same AF acquisition and continuous AF I'm probably going to get one. I'm always amazed at how fast the A6000 and 70-200/4 can lock on focus and keep it.

Oct 23, 2017 at 10:43 AM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.