New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Fuji Rebates or Sales?

Patrick Cox
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji Rebates or Sales?

Hello,
I am considering a Fuji X-T2 and 18-55 lens kit. I have never shopped for a Fuji camera before so I am not really familiar with how they operate. So for example, Canon used to offer 2 rebates each year. Does Fuji do something similar? Or do they have large Black Friday deals? I am wondering if I should wait a bit for a sale if they are significant.

Thanks!

Oct 18, 2017 at 10:08 PM
chez
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji Rebates or Sales?

Fuji also has two rebates per year. First one is Jan-Jun and the second Jul-Dec. 😃

Oct 18, 2017 at 10:10 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji Rebates or Sales?

Fujifilm does pretty much the same thing. In fact, there is a promotion going on right now, and it does include the XT2 with the 18-55mm lens with a $100 savings. You can probably visit your favorite camera retailer to find out the details — it should be available from all of them. (You can also support your favorite photography website by purchasing through their affiliate links. These don't change your price, but they do return a small percentage of the sale to the site owners. FM does this, and it is a good part of how they "pay the bills." I do the same at my website, too.)

Speaking generally, you'll often find them offering similar sorts of deals to those you've seen on Canon, Sony, Nikon, and others... and on a fairly similar schedule.

Oct 18, 2017 at 10:14 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fuji Rebates or Sales?

chez wrote:
Fuji also has two rebates per year. First one is Jan-Jun and the second Jul-Dec. 😃

It must be working for them - they're the only camera company making a profit.

Oct 19, 2017 at 01:21 AM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fuji Rebates or Sales?

I've never found anything "good" on Black Friday sales, older out of date stuff, discontinued etc (got a great deal on a Sigma Quattro once) but no brands ever seem to have the in demand bodies or lenses on sale

I'd say $100 off a current body is about the best you can expect. Plenty of used ones on the B&S forum though for some great prices, its where I'd get mine if I didn't already own one

Oct 19, 2017 at 03:31 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

chez
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fuji Rebates or Sales?

molson wrote:
It must be working for them - they're the only camera company making a profit.

Yes...if you throw in the instax cameras which is Fuji's biggest seller by miles.

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:14 PM
fsiagian
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fuji Rebates or Sales?

Fuji has sale running now. Not as significant as prior sale though.

Oct 19, 2017 at 01:21 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fuji Rebates or Sales?

chez wrote:
Yes...if you throw in the instax cameras which is Fuji's biggest seller by miles.

I hear Sony is planning a big lens sale, too... "Buy 5, Get 1 Sharp Copy"...

Oct 19, 2017 at 02:56 PM
Ming-Tzu
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fuji Rebates or Sales?

With regards to the current Fuji sale, how long does it usually last? I'm in Italy right now and want to see how the xe3 vs xt2 feels in my hands before buying online. Hoping the sale doesn't expire before getting back next week.

Also, worth it to wait until Black Friday or Christmas to see what discounts there may be? I'm in no rush to buy.

Oct 26, 2017 at 01:56 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fuji Rebates or Sales?

Ming-Tzu wrote:
With regards to the current Fuji sale, how long does it usually last? I'm in Italy right now and want to see how the xe3 vs xt2 feels in my hands before buying online. Hoping the sale doesn't expire before getting back next week.

Also, worth it to wait until Black Friday or Christmas to see what discounts there may be? I'm in no rush to buy.

The current rebates in Canada are in effect until January 4, 2018 for the X-series, and January 11 for the GF series.

Oct 26, 2017 at 03:12 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password