Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Godox AD600 Color Consistency less then great?

Zach-55
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Godox AD600 Color Consistency less then great?

Very detailed review of Godox AD600 vs Profoto show a significant lack of Color Consistency of Godox AD600 at various Power Settings.

https://petapixel.com/2016/12/05/dont-get-pay-700-godox-ad600-vs-2100-profoto-b1/

Difference in Color Consistency between 1/1 full power and 1/256 power is 350K according to review.

As sample variation is possible, I would like to hear from other Godox AD600 users about their personal experience regarding that important Color Consistency matter, thanks!

Oct 18, 2017 at 12:41 AM
sungphoto
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Godox AD600 Color Consistency less then great?

The author of the article also highlights that in the real world, people arenít going from 1/1 to 1/256 in a single session of shooting. Iíd agree with that.

I have both the Godox and Profoto system now, but I didnít upgrade to the Profoto kit because I wasnít getting color consistency with the Godox.

In the real world I havenít noticed color shift with my godox lights (I have ad600s, ad200s and an ad360).

Oct 18, 2017 at 01:42 AM
MadManAce

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Godox AD600 Color Consistency less then great?

350k from one end to other is perfectly acceptable. Issues arise when units are not consistent shot-to-shot at same power level and the Godox ad600 is remarkably consistent. See another review that demonstrates how most if not all units have some inconsistency at different power levels. http://www.thebroketographers.com/blog/2016/9/20/color-consistency-test-paul-c-buff-einstein-e640-profoto-b2-retest

Nov 15, 2017 at 08:20 AM
MayaTlab
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Godox AD600 Color Consistency less then great?

MadManAce wrote:
350k from one end to other is perfectly acceptable. Issues arise when units are not consistent shot-to-shot at same power level and the Godox ad600 is remarkably consistent. See another review that demonstrates how most if not all units have some inconsistency at different power levels. http://www.thebroketographers.com/blog/2016/9/20/color-consistency-test-paul-c-buff-einstein-e640-profoto-b2-retest

+1. If shot to shot consistency and sample variation is under controlled (from flash tube to flash tube, from head to head, etc.) 350K should be quite enough for most of us. For me it is .

That test above no longer applies for the B2. It was a bug that affected some packs (one of my two packs was affected). Now it should be largely within Profoto's published tolerances.

Nov 15, 2017 at 01:53 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password