Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Sold: Leica M Monochrom CCD (new sensor in 3/17), Nikon Df + 50/1.8G (MF...

asiafish
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Leica M Monochrom CCD (new sensor in 3/17), Nikon Df + 50/1.8G (MF Optimized), Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Leica M Monochrom CCD with updated (non-corrosive) sensor coverglass

Sold

Price: $3,350.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 8+ Shows moderate wear or finish marks
Shipping instructions: Ships CONUS only

Selling a first generation Leica M Monochrom. I recently purchased from Ken Hansen, but decided to buy an M10 and this needs to go.

The M Monochrom is in beautiful condition with very light brassing around the edges that shows as gray/silver where the black chrome has worn. According to Ken, the sensor was replaced by Leica along with a full CLA this past March (March 2017) and the camera shows a total of 4034 clicks on the shutter. The sensor is gorgeous and everything works perfectly the way it should. This is a great example of a CCD Monochrom that has the upgraded sensor coverglass so you won't need to worry going forward about sensor issues.

*28mm f/2 lens is for display only and is NOT included in the sale

I do not have the box or materials, but the camera will come with the original (very brassed) base plate and a near new grip/baseplate (genuine Leica, still has plastic on bottom), thumbs-up, three batteries and the original charger.

I'm looking for a quick sale, shipping and PayPal fees included.

I've been selling on eBay for over a dozen years as Lawman1967 and have bought many high-value items here on FM, including my current Leica M-D camera and this very Nikon Df (before the focusing screen mod).

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Nikon Df plus 50mm f/1.8G Special Edition Camera Kit, Manual Focus Optimized

Sold

Price: $1,400.00
Item condition: 9 Shows signs of use, but very clean

Nikon Df with 50mm f/1.8 AF-G "Special Edition" camera and lens kit in beautiful condition. Camera has been optimized for manual focus and the lens is unused.

Modifications include fitment of Nikon DK-17M 1.2X eyepiece magnifier (entire viewfinder visible) with Nikon DK-19 rubber eyecup, and a replacement focusing screen with split-image and microprism collar.

The focusing screen is a modified K3 type (from Nikon FM3a camera) purchased from focusingscreen.com and installed by Kurt's Camera Repair in San Diego, CA (an authorized Nikon service center). The screen is gorgeous and makes manual focus a breeze, even with challenging lenses like the 50mm f/1.2 AIS that I'm also selling.

Camera is currently configured so that when a non-CPU lens is attached there are no focus points visible in the viewfinder, but when an AF/CPU lens is fitted the center focusing point becomes visible. Visible or not, the center focusing point is active (all of them work, depending on settings in the menus) and the electronic rangefinder at the bottom of the viewfinder works with all lenses. The focus of the camera was also calibrated by Kurt's for the new screen and is dead-on, even at f/1.2, with both the optical (screen) and electronic rangefinders.

The camera also has the Nikon soft shutter release attached and comes with all original accessories in the box along with the charger and an extra genuine Nikon battery.

The camera is about two-years-old, and is fantaastic condition with only a few marks around the bottom plate.

If you want to use a DSLR to manually focus Nikon lenses this is as good as it gets.

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS in gorgeous condition in original box

Sold

Price: $400.00
Item condition: 10 Preowned equipment, but appears as new

I bought this lens new two-years-ago and have used it sparingly. It is Nikon's fastest lens and is an absolute delight to shoot either using LIVEVIEW on your DSLR or with a traditional manual focusing screen such as on any MF Nikon film body or on the Df camera listed above. I'll give $100 off the price of this lens if purchased with the Df camera and can assure you that they make an OUTSTANDING pair.

Edited on Oct 18, 2017 at 07:38 AM · View previous versions

Oct 17, 2017 at 10:04 AM
asiafish
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Leica M Monochrom CCD (new sensor in 3/17), Nikon Df + 50/1.8G (MF Optimized), Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS

PICs of the M Monochrom and an example image

IMG_1073 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1074 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1075 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1076 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1077 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1078 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1079 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1080 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1081 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1082 by Andrew F, on Flickr

L1000694 by Andrew F, on Flickr

L1000684 by Andrew F, on Flickr

L1000725 by Andrew F, on Flickr

Oct 17, 2017 at 10:32 AM
asiafish
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Sold: Leica M Monochrom CCD (new sensor in 3/17), Nikon Df + 50/1.8G (MF Optimized), Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS

PICS of the Nikon Df

IMG_1055 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1056 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1058 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1059 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1060 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1061 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1062 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1063 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1064 by Andrew F, on Flickr

Oct 17, 2017 at 10:37 AM
asiafish
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Sold: Leica M Monochrom CCD (new sensor in 3/17), Nikon Df + 50/1.8G (MF Optimized), Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS

PICS of the Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS

IMG_1069 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1070 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1071 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1066 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1067 by Andrew F, on Flickr

IMG_1072 by Andrew F, on Flickr

Oct 17, 2017 at 10:39 AM
asiafish
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Sold: Leica M Monochrom CCD (new sensor in 3/17), Nikon Df + 50/1.8G (MF Optimized), Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS

Some images captured with the Df and 50mm f/1.2 AIS combo

Olympia - A Fishkin by Andrew F, on Flickr

Valve by Andrew F, on Flickr

DSC_1092 by Andrew F, on Flickr

DSC_1045 by Andrew F, on Flickr

Oct 17, 2017 at 10:41 AM
Venky
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Sold: Leica M Monochrom CCD (new sensor in 3/17), Nikon Df + 50/1.8G (MF Optimized), Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS

What's the shutter count on the Df. How does one focus with a a non cpu or non AI lens. Thanks very much.

asiafish wrote:

Oct 18, 2017 at 09:10 AM
asiafish
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Sold: Leica M Monochrom CCD (new sensor in 3/17), Nikon Df + 50/1.8G (MF Optimized), Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS

I don't know how to check shutter count on the Df, but my guess is under between 3,000 and 6,000. There is no focusing issue at all with non-CPU lenses. If the focal length is input manually in the non-CPU lens menu (I have a function button pre-configured to pull it up) you can switch between up to 9 stored lens profiles. Focus is manual, but the digital rangefinder at the bottom of the viewfinder works, and of course the custom-fitted focusing screen means that this Df focuses exactly the same way as an old film SLR, with a split image circle in the center, surrounded by a microprism collar and the entire focusing screen is ground glass.

Manual focus, particularly with fast lenses is vastly improved over any other DSLR.

Oct 18, 2017 at 09:25 AM
asiafish
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Sold: Leica M Monochrom CCD (new sensor in 3/17), Nikon Df + 50/1.8G (MF Optimized), Nikkor 50mm f/1.2 AIS

The Df is sold

Oct 18, 2017 at 11:01 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.