Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dpreview's D850 review is up

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikon-d850

Oct 16, 2017 at 07:11 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dpreview's D850 review is up

So the D750 and A7R2 are still better cameras.....I guess the D850 isn't the last camera one will ever need

PS. The above is pure sarcasm as in reality I don't give DPR's final score any merit at all.

Oct 16, 2017 at 07:22 PM
gdsf2
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dpreview's D850 review is up

arbitrage wrote:
So the D750 and A7R2 are still better cameras.....I guess the D850 isn't the last camera one will ever need

PS. The above is pure sarcasm as in reality I don't give DPR's final score any merit at all.

I don’t give anything at that site much merit. I never use it.

Oct 16, 2017 at 09:58 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dpreview's D850 review is up

I think it is a very good review, but for many here we have very different perspectives.

(1) The assertion that XQD cards are still rare and pricey is not right. They were difficult to source for a short while.
These cards with USB 3.0 have dramatically changed the way I download shots. I am now finding the XQD cards cheaper than the fast SD UHS II cards.

(2) Live view is still clunky and I tend to agree and I find it a vast improvement over the D810.

(3) Lens calibration is normal DSLR function and really does not take much time with the automatic fine tune now. I even use the automatic fine tune to check the calibration at infinity which was very difficult to achieve manually.

(4) The lack of pop up flash really does not matter. Nice to have but having pop up flash popping on its own every time you place the body in the bag is a pain. The improvement communication with newer flashes is now excellent and appears to expose better.

Edited on Oct 17, 2017 at 12:00 AM · View previous versions

Oct 16, 2017 at 10:53 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Dpreview's D850 review is up

Only criticism I have of D850 is lack of on-sensor PDAF, that would have made it a 9.8/10 camera, without it it is a 9/10. Still think it about the best all-round camera currently however.

Dpreview are Sony shills IMO, so I wouldn’t care what they say, especially Rishi. Note that the D850 list of cons is about 1/4 the length of your typical Sony, so what does that tell you other than by that alone it should have scored 105%. It’s about the smallest con list I’ve seen.

Oct 16, 2017 at 11:23 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Dpreview's D850 review is up

My Sony 256gb G series XQD is vastly cheaper and better availability than Sandisks ultra fast (and at the moment expensive UHS II) cards.

Edit: And my only criticism is that my camera I was told would arrive this week still isn't here! 😡😡😡

Oct 16, 2017 at 11:35 PM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Dpreview's D850 review is up

No mention of, or test of, the film inversion mode! Booooo!
That's what I'm waiting for.

Bunch o hot pixels (dead pixels?) in this image, around the mouth of the dood on the right.

Hot pixels

Edited on Oct 17, 2017 at 01:40 PM · View previous versions

Oct 16, 2017 at 11:40 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Dpreview's D850 review is up

If these are dead pixels, just run the sensor clean twice and they will disappear. Dead pixels are common and I seen them often after traveling on overseas flights.

The file is huge and is dragging the thread. Just a link will be fine

Oct 17, 2017 at 12:07 AM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Dpreview's D850 review is up

Yeah that image is killing my iPhone 7 plus. If you send the D850 to me I can fix the dead pixel issue for you... about a 3 week turnaround at the moment 😇...😬

Edit: The girl leering in the background... slightly creepy... think she's signing a heart to you..

charles.K wrote:
If these are dead pixels, just run the sensor clean twice and they will disappear. Dead pixels are common and I seen them often after traveling on overseas flights.

The file is huge and is dragging the thread. Just a link will be fine

Oct 17, 2017 at 12:12 AM
Desmolicious
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Dpreview's D850 review is up

Blakehfreeman wrote:
Yeah that image is killing my iPhone 7 plus. If you send the D850 to me I can fix the dead pixel issue for you... about a 3 week turnaround at the moment 😇...😬

Edit: The girl leering in the background... slightly creepy... think she's signing a heart to you..

Sorry! Fixed.

Oct 17, 2017 at 01:41 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.