Username  

FM Forum Rules
Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Tacoma, Washington

ericrdreier

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Tacoma, Washington

I'm in Tacoma for the next few weeks for training. Looking for recommendations of places to go shoot

Oct 16, 2017 at 11:49 AM
another_mikey
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Tacoma, Washington

Hi,

I just got back from a 1 week whirlwind tour of 3 national parks in Washington. Got some images I really liked in all 3 of them. It looks from the map that Mount Rainer National Park might be a great choice, as it appears to be no more than 1.5 hours away. I confess to not knowing which roads might be closed as the weather begins to head towards winter though.The other parks are perhaps not too far either, depending on how much time you can get away. We spent 2 nights in Rainer, 3 nights in Olympic, and 1 night in North Cascades. We could have spent more time in each of them. The other specific comments would be:

1) Olympic is larger than it appears from just looking at the park map, and there were also significant construction delays on the 101 highway that runs along the pacific coast side of the park. Plan accordingly.

2) We came from North Cascades to get to Olympic and had to take a ferry, and in retrospect, probably should have had a reservation for it, as it was a bit of a wait getting on when on 'standby', as we missed the first one and barely made the 2nd one.

You can drop me a PM if you want to chat more. In case you are interested, gallery from trip is here:

http://www.thinairphotography.com/p92851687

Best Regards,

ML

Oct 21, 2017 at 12:08 PM
sizzzzlerz

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Tacoma, Washington

If you're interested in automobiles, there's the LeMay Car Museum. Not exactly landscape but I had a ball shooting some of the classic cars there as well as focusing in on the variety of hood ornaments.

Oct 24, 2017 at 03:30 PM

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.