Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Modeling light stopped working on Xplor600 and extension ...

GabrielPhoto
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Modeling light stopped working on Xplor600 and extension head..any ideas?

Ok so this makes no sense unless there is some weird setting that got changed or something.
It looks to me like the modeling light is that yellow circle which I see in both the Xplor 600 unit and on the extension head. I can see the icon on the LCD when I try to turn it on and yet I no longer get the modeling lamp no matter if I try with or without the extension head.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Oct 15, 2017 at 04:09 PM
sungphoto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Modeling light stopped working on Xplor600 and extension head..any ideas?

Yes that the yellow circle is the modeling lamp. Perhaps you accidentally turned it off via the remote?

X1T-C CUSTOM FUNCTIONS

C.Fn-00 Synchronization Delay Setting [ 00 = OFF ] [ 1-100 US delay setting ]

C.Fn-01 Single Contact Mode [ = OFF ] [ on = ON ] (stops transmitter going to sleep)

C.Fn-02 Zoom Setting [ = No changes ] [ AU = Changes with lens ] [ 20, 24, 28, 35, 50, 70, 80, 105 ]

C.Fn-03 PC Sync Socket [ In = PC Sync connect with Camera ] [ ou = PC Sync connects with Flash ]

C.Fn-04 Rear Curtain Sync [ = OFF ] [ 1 = ON ] (camera shutter must be between 30s 1/30s)

C.Fn-05 Enable 1/256 Power Level [ 1/128 = OFF ] [ 1/128- = ON ] (1/256 is displayed as 1/128-)

C.Fn-06 Switch between 3 and 5 groups in GR Group Mode [ 03 = 3 groups ] [ 05 = 5 groups ]

C.Fn-07 Turn remote flash beep Off / On [ = OFF ] [ on = ON ]

C.Fn-08 Updates slave strobes settings before each shot, Off / On [ = OFF ] [ on = ON ]

MODELLING LIGHT ON / OFF

A function to remotely turn the modelling light On and Off on strobes like the AD600B has also been added to the X1 transmitters.

Double pressing the Channel button will turn the modelling light ON or OFF.

Oct 15, 2017 at 10:17 PM
GabrielPhoto
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Modeling light stopped working on Xplor600 and extension head..any ideas?

I actually can see the modeling light icon on the Xplor600 unit as I cycle through all 3 settings then off and nothing. My eVolv 200 works just fine from the remote or the unit itself so the issue is only the Xplor600 but it is so odd to me that it does not work with the extension head either.
Oh well...at least it is under warranty.

Oct 16, 2017 at 03:59 AM
sungphoto
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Modeling light stopped working on Xplor600 and extension head..any ideas?

Curious how adorama handled it from a warranty standpoint?

Oct 24, 2017 at 04:37 PM
GabrielPhoto
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Modeling light stopped working on Xplor600 and extension head..any ideas?

sungphoto wrote:
Curious how adorama handled it from a warranty standpoint?

They are replacing the unit as it has a 2 year warranty so as always, top notch customer service.

Oct 24, 2017 at 04:43 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password