New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Alien Skin Exposure X3

timsims
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Alien Skin Exposure X3

I've been using Exposure X3 for about a week now. I'm a long time Lightroom user but I'm tired of the subscription and disappointed in the Fuji raw file conversions. I also use Iridient X-Transformer from time to time.

So far I'm pleased enough with Exposure X3 that I've cancelled my Adobe subscription and uninstalled Lightroom and Photoshop. I'll use this or Capture One and Affinity going forward.

If I convert my Fuji file with Iridient and then compare that result to what Exposure X3 does with the raf file I can see only slight differences when pixel peeping. Capture One gives me a more pleasing file overall.

In Exposure X3, i am disappointed that there's no control over color luminance or hue, at least not control that I can find. And the lack of a tool for chromatic aberration is a bummer, but I don't use that often.

The program does seem to bog down from time to time but overall it's pretty snappy. I wish I could find a support forum for the program.

I'm gonna stick with it, planning to possibly purchase it or Capture One at the end of the trial as my replacement for Lightroom

Edited on Oct 16, 2017 at 04:33 AM · View previous versions

Oct 15, 2017 at 04:43 AM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Alien Skin Exposure X3

does it support for working with layers at all ?

I have the old Alien Skin Exposure 5 plug-in and find that has some pretty pleasing film emulations

Oct 15, 2017 at 05:14 AM
timsims
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Alien Skin Exposure X3

Yes, X3 version has layers.

millsart wrote:
does it support for working with layers at all ?

I have the old Alien Skin Exposure 5 plug-in and find that has some pretty pleasing film emulations

Oct 15, 2017 at 12:10 PM
pasblues
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Alien Skin Exposure X3

I like Alien Skin for a lot of fun quick image treatments.
I feel like Capture One is really great with getting image files looking the best with a lot of good controls.
I don't blame you for wanting to dump PS and LR. I've used PS for so long but I'm just not getting as much pop out of files with it anymore.

Oct 16, 2017 at 04:22 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

timsims
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Alien Skin Exposure X3

I'm also trialing Capture One. It does work impressively with Fuji raw files. I did some comparisons today and I was pleased with Capture One over Exposure X3.

pasblues wrote:
I like Alien Skin for a lot of fun quick image treatments.
I feel like Capture One is really great with getting image files looking the best with a lot of good controls.
I don't blame you for wanting to dump PS and LR. I've used PS for so long but I'm just not getting as much pop out of files with it anymore.

Oct 16, 2017 at 04:29 AM
pasblues
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Alien Skin Exposure X3

I like that Capture One has a subscription option now.

Oct 17, 2017 at 03:29 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Alien Skin Exposure X3

X3 seems a lot more intuitive to use over Capture One coming from LR. I like what I see so far.

Oct 19, 2017 at 08:55 PM
roger lund
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Alien Skin Exposure X3

Don't knock the Lightroom Classic CC until you have used it. Huge performance gains. As far as pop goes, where you doing selective colors and adjusting each image?

Nov 07, 2017 at 02:22 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password