Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Best guide to setting up OMD EM10 mk ii?

Kit Laughlin
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Best guide to setting up OMD EM10 mk ii?

I will mainly be using a few of these bodies to put HDMI out to a switcher (the new ATEM Television Studio HD) for our video work.

At the same time, I want to carry one of these and use it side-by-side with a GX85, to see which one I like the most as 'everyday carry'.

So, I need to set this up the way I want to work. What are folk's recommendations for the best guide to working one's way through the complex menu systems? If a paid guide is the best one, happy to pay.

Oct 13, 2017 at 11:36 AM
Bobg657
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Best guide to setting up OMD EM10 mk ii?

Take a look at Wrotniak.net, that should be helpful.
Bob

Oct 13, 2017 at 08:57 PM
sesser

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Best guide to setting up OMD EM10 mk ii?

This was written a while back when the E-M1 (and original E-M10) came out, but I found it useful for setting up my M1 (and now M10 II).

http://www.biofos.com/mft/omd_em1_settings.html

Cheers

Oct 17, 2017 at 06:17 AM
Kit Laughlin
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Best guide to setting up OMD EM10 mk ii?

Thanks everyone; after testing the EM10mkii next to the Panasonic GX85 in our video studio, I found the interface impracticalities of the Oly to be simply unusable in studio conditions. An example: if the camera is connected to its HDMI port and you are looking at the output picture, none of the menu functions can be accessed—so that even setting exposure manually is an 'unplug - set new exposure - replug to check the output' trial.

The Panny, in comparison, allows assessment of exposure and shutter speed in real time. Thanks to Bob and Sesser for replying.

Oct 17, 2017 at 06:51 AM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password