FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

Snagged an X-E3 today

spoupard
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Snagged an X-E3 today

As a point of accuracy, the 55-200mm is f4.8 at the long end. The lens has it's limitations, but if one stays within those limitations, it does a great job. I don't use a telephoto lens often, but I'm always pleased with the results from this lens when I do.

Oct 25, 2017 at 08:00 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Snagged an X-E3 today

spoupard wrote:
As a point of accuracy, the 55-200mm is f4.8 at the long end. The lens has it's limitations, but if one stays within those limitations, it does a great job. I don't use a telephoto lens often, but I'm always pleased with the results from this lens when I do.

Dang! I knew I should have looked that up. Thanks for catching my error! I updated my post to correct that.

Dan

Edited on Nov 07, 2017 at 11:20 PM · View previous versions

Oct 25, 2017 at 09:04 PM
rboate

p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Snagged an X-E3 today

I am seriously considering the XE3 with kit lens or the X100f, I recently had my x100t stolen and am trying to decide which to replace it with.

Oct 30, 2017 at 05:32 PM
dmacmillan
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Snagged an X-E3 today

rboate wrote:
I am seriously considering the XE3 with kit lens or the X100f, I recently had my x100t stolen and am trying to decide which to replace it with.

So sorry to hear of the theft.

Since you had the X100t, what has you considering the X-E3 as well as the x100f? I see they are the same price. There's the obvious difference, but I consider the cameras geared to two different audiences.

FWIW, I've been extremely pleased with my X-E3 and kit zoom. The moniker "kit" doesn't seem appropriate because the lens is in a totally different league from the normal kit zoom that comes with Canons or Nikons.

I love the ability to hang vintage Leica lenses on the X-E3. They have been fun to shoot with and the results have much better than I expected, since my Leica lenses are at least 50 years old.

Oct 30, 2017 at 06:40 PM
rboate

p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Snagged an X-E3 today

I wanted something small but high quality and after alot of research I purchased the X100t for travel and to keep with me everyday. I also shoot Olympus but their high quality zooms of the same range are larger and more expensive.
After using the x!00t for a year I am extremely happy with the image quality but not the fixed prime idea. I purchased the TCL lens but didnt like the idea of putting it on and off frequently. I read that the X100f has the ability to crop and mimic different focal lengths which is interesting. I guess the attractive part of the XE3 is the compact size and high quality zoom lens with a small overall size.

Oct 31, 2017 at 10:56 AM
rboate

p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Snagged an X-E3 today

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread but I decided on an X100F which i picked used including an extra oem battery, hood and soft release button for $1600 cdn. The camera retails for $1699 plus 13% tax so I think I did OK.

Nov 04, 2017 at 05:17 PM
robsonj
• •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Snagged an X-E3 today

Can someone with a X-E3 confirm if it does/does not have a live RGB histogram versus just luminance?

I have already ordered an X-E3, but RGB live histogram would be a fantastic addition/bonus. Admittedly my Fuji from 2003 had this feature also :-).

Cheers
Jonathan

Nov 07, 2017 at 01:54 PM
Steve Wan
• • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Snagged an X-E3 today

It does have RGB histogram.

Nov 07, 2017 at 02:26 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Snagged an X-E3 today

I have an XPro2, but have thought of getting one of these as a second body.

It also occurred to me recently that the Xe3 plus my16-55 and 50-140 would make for a lighter system for use on the trail, especially if coupled with a smallish tripod. For that work, the EVF-only system would be fine and the smaller and lighter "24MP sensor holder" (other wise known as "camera body") wouldn't have many downsides.

Nov 07, 2017 at 09:04 PM
briantho
• • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Snagged an X-E3 today

I just bought the X-E3 as my first ever Fuji camera. I looked at the X-Pro2 and X-T2, and they are both nice cameras, but they're just too big for my purposes. the X-T20 is small enough, but I found it awkward to hold, and just not right for me.

The X-E3 fits me just perfectly, and I much prefer the EVF to the left instead of centered. The joystick is also a great feature I don't want to be without. The only negative I can find is the fixed LCD, but I can live with it.

I have turned off the gesture controls, as accidental swiping interfered when touching to select focus point.

I got the 18-55 and bought the 16mm f1.4, and loving the experience so far. Will be posting photos soon

Nov 10, 2017 at 08:08 PM
robsonj
• •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Snagged an X-E3 today

Finally got the X-E3 tonight along with the 23 f2, 27 f2.8 and 35 f2. Loving it so far. I did immediately disable the touch screen, never been a fan. I can't say I miss the four button dial either once I assigned ISO to the front dial and metering mode to the back dial. WB settable via the Q menu. Feels great, I'm inclined to say the four way removal was a great decision!

First test shot at ISO3200, pretty close to my A7rII...

Lucy by Jonathan Robson, on Flickr

Nov 11, 2017 at 02:44 AM
gaopa
• •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Snagged an X-E3 today

rboate wrote:
Not sure if anyone is still following this thread but I decided on an X100F which i picked used including an extra oem battery, hood and soft release button for $1600 cdn. The camera retails for $1699 plus 13% tax so I think I did OK.

You got a good camera for a good price. I'm crazy about my X-E2 and my X-100F, both of which have a flash. I think removing the flash from the X-E3 was a mistake. There are times when a little "pop" of light is needed to fill.

Nov 11, 2017 at 06:27 PM
robsonj
• •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Snagged an X-E3 today

First lower iso shots with the X-E3. Loving the Fujicrons. Seem way sharper than my 35 1.4 was a few years ago when I owned it...

_DSF0066.jpg by Jonathan Robson, on Flickr

_DSF0070.jpg by Jonathan Robson, on Flickr

_DSF0069.jpg by Jonathan Robson, on Flickr

_DSF0068.jpg by Jonathan Robson, on Flickr

Nov 11, 2017 at 10:04 PM
Steve Wan
• • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Snagged an X-E3 today

Shooting yesterday I had the first opportunity to use exposure bracketing. There was a huge difference between the XE2 and the XE3. The XE2 only allows a three exposure bracket where as the XE3 allows all sorts of flexibility up to a nine exposure bracket and many more options as far as the exposure jump itís really no contest between the two. Plus the XE3 fires off your bracket much much higher speed. I am liking this camera more and more as time goes on it is really a significant upgrade.

Nov 13, 2017 at 02:12 PM
robsonj
• •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Snagged an X-E3 today

Anyone know how you can get the 'Format' function into your 'My Menu'? Not an X-E3 specific issue, I had the same issue on the x100f. Could never figure it out.

Nov 13, 2017 at 03:14 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password