FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              21      
       end

FM Review of the Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton

jhinkey
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.22 #1 · p.22 #1 · FM Review of the Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton

Love to see images like Guy's, but with 42.5MP . . . this may be a lens to rent first, if in fact, anyone of the lens rental houses will have it in stock anytime soon.

The detail on center wide open certainly is impressive at least on the A9.

Oct 23, 2017 at 02:56 AM
GMPhotography
• • • • •
p.22 #2 · p.22 #2 · FM Review of the Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton

Maybe we will get a announcement this week. I love the A9 just wish it had 42mpx or more. That is really all I want otherwise itís a perfect shooting cam. I know this lens would hold up well for 42or more.

Iím not sure who is renting this yet.

Oct 23, 2017 at 03:02 AM
DavidBM
• • • •
p.22 #3 · p.22 #3 · FM Review of the Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton

More wide open goodness from the Nokton as the Azaleas bloom outside the local church..

Oct 23, 2017 at 03:15 AM
sebboh
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.22 #4 · p.22 #4 · FM Review of the Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton

PEKA62 wrote:
Isn't it easier and more precise to just move your focus point off center than walking several meters left/right/up/down (if possible at all) when subject distance demands it? I don't get it.

this is why it's easier to just not use focus points or magnification and focus wherever the subject is framed without futzing about.

twomblywhite wrote:
Actually you're wrong at least according to Merriam-Webster:
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bokeh

Really, you seem pretty stubborn. It's fine if you don't agree with the definition but your arguments aren't extremely credible either. It's one thing to say something is your opinion but it becomes problematic when you say it's factual.

i don't see where that definition disagrees with what Makten said? it is the quality of the blur that makes bokeh good, not the amount. you can have jagged and nisen bokeh with a lot of blur and you can have smooth bokeh with no harsh contrast transitions without a lot of blur. most older lenses have harsher bokeh at larger apertures and smoother bokeh at smaller apertures despite having less blur at smaller apertures. i've noticed that a lot of the modern lenses with good bokeh wide open seem to actually work the other way as Makten describes where bokeh does not get any smoother (or even less smooth) when stopping down. i haven't paid enough attention to the samples to have an opinion about whether this lens works that way.

Oct 23, 2017 at 06:02 AM
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password