New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · .. PayPal ..

Jefferson
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · .. PayPal ..

.. Not photography related subject, just courious

Several weeks ago I attempted a purchase from a company that would only accept PayPal. I clicked on the “Pay with PayPal” field, and what came up was Japanese (?) script. Today I received an email from PayPal, evidently as a follow up .. I never made the purchase .. the email was also in what appears to me as Japanese.

With the many discussions here concerning PayPal .. I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience .. ?
This transaction would have been inside the continental USA.

Below is the email I received today .. I couldn’t begin to respond if I wanted ..

您的卡即将失效
尊敬的William xxxxxx,
我们注意到,您的card(尾号为4391)即将失效。请尽快更新您卡的失效日期和卡安全代码(CSC),以便您能继续通过PayPal使用它。确保先通过银行激活您的新卡。

更新卡的详细信息
如您尚未收到新卡,请保存此电子邮件,并在收到新卡后点击该按钮。如您已在PayPal账户中更新了新卡信息,请忽略此电子邮件。
另外请记住,您可以随时直接登录PayPal,在“用户信息”或“设置”区域中更新您的卡信息。

此致
PayPal

Jefferson ..

Side note .. This is the seller I was attempting to do business with ,, (on Reverb) ..

https://reverb.com/item/3848038-aged-nickel-strat-jackplate-fits-fender-stratocaster-switchcraft-jack-screws-relic

Oct 11, 2017 at 09:14 AM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · .. PayPal ..

I use PayPal a lot. I haven't received any email like that. What does your PayPal account say about your recent transactions ? (i.e. log into PayPal, and check) I would not trust the email, and I would not reply to it.

Have you asked the seller to send you a PayPal invoice? That I would trust, if it came through the normal process.

Oct 11, 2017 at 11:15 AM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · .. PayPal ..

jcolwell wrote:
Have you asked the seller to send you a PayPal invoice? That I would trust, if it came through the normal process.

I haven’t had a PayPal account for several years now. PayPal let me create a “guest account” which I was trying to use. I filled out the required information tying the sale to my Visa account and entered it .. the resulting next step "field" was in Japanese, so I never completed the transaction .. (I tried two more times). I found another vendor that took my credit card.

A month or so before, I used the PayPal “guest account” to purchase an item from a shop in Manchester, UK tied to my Visa account and it allowed me to pay in local currency (UK).

I had no problems and the transaction appeared on my Visa statement.

Jefferson ..

Oct 11, 2017 at 12:07 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · .. PayPal ..

Call PayPal...

Oct 12, 2017 at 07:44 AM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · .. PayPal ..

Danpbphoto wrote:
Call PayPal...

Just put this up as a possible point of interest .. however, I have not had an account with PayPal for several years so the interest doesn't run deep enough for direct inquiry .. kind of like calling an insurance company and getting an agent on the line ..

Jefferson

Oct 12, 2017 at 02:31 PM
Danpbphoto
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · .. PayPal ..

Understand!

Oct 13, 2017 at 08:08 AM
Andrew J
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · .. PayPal ..

translation:

Your card is about to expire
Dear William xxxxxx,
We noticed that your card (tail number 4391) is about to expire. Please update your card's expiry date and card security code (CSC) as soon as possible so that you can continue using it through PayPal. Make sure to activate your new card first through the bank.

Update card details
If you have not received a new card, please save this email and click the button after receiving the new card. If you have updated your new card information in your PayPal account, please ignore this email.
Also keep in mind that you can always log in to PayPal and update your card information in the "User Information" or "Settings" area.

Sincerely
PayPal

Oct 15, 2017 at 04:01 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · .. PayPal ..

@ AndrewJ .. Thank you.
I guess the account doesn't expire, but the card I used is good into 2018 .. Message makes some sense now .. but why Japanese .. ?

How 'bout this one. This is a banner ad that appeared just now when signing into Fred's" .. Must be a Google thing .. The first message was PayPal related and was not at Fred's .. it was PayPal on Reverb.com. I am using Google Chrome for both though ..

... The Banner Ad ...

家乡美食,引爆味蕾
上亿种中国商品,3-7天送达美国,新用户注册48小时内下单更免国际运费。快来一起购物狂欢吧 86mall.com

Jefferson

Oct 15, 2017 at 05:54 PM
Andrew J
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · .. PayPal ..

using
https://translate.google.com/?hl=en&authuser=0

Homemade food, detonated taste buds
Hundreds of millions of Chinese goods, 3-7 days served in the United States, the new user registration within 48 hours of single-free international shipping. Come shopping with a carnival

Oct 15, 2017 at 06:19 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · .. PayPal ..

.. about 20% of my banner ads are in now what I assume to be
Chinese ..

I wonder if Babbel or Rosetta Stone would be useful
Think I'll order Chinese takeout .. General Tso's chicken and House Special Fried Rice I think

Jefferson ...

Oct 17, 2017 at 02:47 PM
Fred Amico
• • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · .. PayPal ..

Jefferson wrote:
.. about 20% of my banner ads are in now what I assume to be
Chinese ..

I wonder if Babbel or Rosetta Stone would be useful
Think I'll order Chinese takeout .. General Tso's chicken and House Special Fried Rice I think

Jefferson ...

Stop, you're making me very hungry !

Oct 17, 2017 at 04:18 PM

FM Forums | Forum & Miscellaneous | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.