1       2       3      
       end

Official: Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton for $1,059

Jonas B
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.4 #1 · p.4 #1 · Official: Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton for $1,059

Makten wrote:
The only reason for buying local is less hassle if the lens is a dud. And yes, that's a really good price! Especially since there should be no additional VAT/moms (before brexit).

Edit: Ordered!

I noticed that Paypal tried to give me an extremely bad currency rate, so I chose bank currency conversion instead and saved ~400 SEK.

Hey
I ordered one as well... So the inventory went from 4 to 2 lenses.
Interesting. Now I certainly have to find a camera also.

EDIT: I have bought a couple of lenses from R White earlier. They have been good to deal with. OK, if the lens turns out to be faulty one will have to pay for the return shipping and wait for the replacement. Let's say we are high risk taking personalities... ;-)

Oct 17, 2017 at 07:10 PM
twelveish
• •
p.4 #2 · p.4 #2 · Official: Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton for $1,059

Jonas B wrote:
I ordered one as well

Yeah, me too. Sigh. Resistance was indeed futile. 40mm is perfect for my intended use. And hey.. long dark winters equals 1.2 territory, right?

Thanks for the UK retailer tip, Jonas! 3 out of their 4 lenses are now off to Sweden!

Oct 17, 2017 at 08:20 PM
jhinkey
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #3 · p.4 #3 · Official: Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton for $1,059

Though I said I would not get this lens, I need to fight the urge to get it just because of its unique attributes. I had the 50/1.2 Nikkor for a long time and took some very memorable images with it despite its clear optical flaws. Sometimes there is just no substitute for an imperfect f/1.2 if that's the look you are going for.

I will continue to resist, but Fred's recent images make that hard to do.

Must pull the trigger on the 35/1.7 Utron soon!

Oct 17, 2017 at 09:03 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.4 #4 · p.4 #4 · Official: Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton for $1,059

Makten wrote:
The only reason for buying local is less hassle if the lens is a dud. And yes, that's a really good price! Especially since there should be no additional VAT/moms (before brexit).

Edit: Ordered!

I noticed that Paypal tried to give me an extremely bad currency rate, so I chose bank currency conversion instead and saved ~400 SEK.

If @Makten ordered this lens, it must have nice rendering!

Oct 17, 2017 at 10:18 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Makten
• • • •
p.4 #5 · p.4 #5 · Official: Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton for $1,059

Fred Miranda wrote:
If @Makten@ ordered this lens, it must have nice rendering!

Not necessarily, but it seems good enough to try!
I've always liked 40 mm but non of the previous existing ones have been really good. The Ultron 40/2 is great, but "unexciting". Plus the adapter makes it way larger than it should be.

Oct 18, 2017 at 10:32 AM
twelveish
• •
p.4 #6 · p.4 #6 · Official: Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton for $1,059

If I've been able to come to any certain conclusion from the samples posted here so far, it's that above all, for me, it's an exciting lens. Can't remember the last time I was this excited to take delivery of one, actually.

All I really ask of this lens is that it have oodles of character (and isn't subjectively completely unusable wide open, which I've already seen is not a problem).

Oct 18, 2017 at 11:13 AM
Jonas B
• • • •
p.4 #7 · p.4 #7 · Official: Voigtlander 40mm f/1.2 Nokton for $1,059

twelveish wrote:

Yeah, me too. Sigh. Resistance was indeed futile. 40mm is perfect for my intended use. And hey.. long dark winters equals 1.2 territory, right?

Thanks for the UK retailer tip, Jonas! 3 out of their 4 lenses are now off to Sweden!

You're welcome. I guess Robert is scratching his head though. It won't happen after the Brexit...

Oct 18, 2017 at 06:11 PM
1       2       3      
       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password