Username  

Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Training Night

gaustin

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Training Night

Tried to get some shots this evening of my little girl running some drills. Was looking for a little feedback as I'm still learning the speed and settings on my 7D. Lens is a 70-200 F4. I have found it really tough to get good shots of the black dogs. I'm not sure why the uploaded pictures are so large Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Oct 08, 2017 at 10:38 PM
tonyespofoto
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Training Night

These look pretty good. Her eyes are nice and sharp. A shutter speed around 1/250 or 1/500 should do fine. If her eyes are sharp but her feet show a bit of motion blur, that's a fine choice. The problem you have (and it will be worse in direct sun) is that you will lose detail in your dog's coat. Her chest, even in the soft light she is in, is missing detail. The best way around this is to shoot RAW. You can process the files in Adobe Camera Raw, Lightroom, or the Canon software that came free with your camera. Any of these will do a great job. Take a test shot, look at the histogram and adjust your exposure (best choices will be the ISO or the aperture) until until nothing is clipped. I'm thinking that her coat will glisten spectacularly in direct sun. Don't hesitate to try some backlit shots. You will be quite amazed at the quality you can achieve. I can't advise you in the Canon software, but in ACR or Lightroom, use the basic panel to get everything right except your dog's coat, then just lift the shadows and her coat using the adjustment brush. I'm sure the Canon software will have a similar feature. Please accept my apologies if I've misunderstood your request and answered some questions you didn't ask.

Regards
Tony

Oct 09, 2017 at 01:04 AM
gaustin

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Training Night

Thank you Tony.

I might be a little slow on the shutter speed. These were taken at 1/1600 the ISO was at 800 and F4.
I have not downloaded any of the better software just been using what came with my desk top.

Thank you again

Oct 09, 2017 at 02:07 AM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password