Oct 08, 2017 at 01:21 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fungus among us

Tom Hicks wrote:
One of my very few fungus shots

Tom,

A lovely image of a Bird's Nest fungus, Cyathus sp. It seems that images of the species on your side of the pond as "S. striatus", and yours, are S. poeppigii. The cup and "eggs" are very blue.

By coincidence, yesterday I was photographing some S.striatus found in the grounds of our local univeristy on Sunday. The colour difference will then be seen.

Images, including stereos, will be uploaded this week.

Harold

Oct 10, 2017 at 04:46 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fungus among us

This is really fine work Tom. Most interesting captures of subjects most of us would miss or pass by.
Douglas

Oct 10, 2017 at 07:23 AM
Tom Hicks
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fungus among us

e6filmuser wrote:
Tom,

A lovely image of a Bird's Nest fungus, Cyathus sp. It seems that images of the species on your side of the pond as "S. striatus", and yours, are S. poeppigii. The cup and "eggs" are very blue.

By coincidence, yesterday I was photographing some S.striatus found in the grounds of our local univeristy on Sunday. The colour difference will then be seen.

Images, including stereos, will be uploaded this week.

Harold

Thanks Harold I lost the original file in a hard drive failure. this is a scan of a 8x10 printed image I had.

Tom

Oct 12, 2017 at 04:13 PM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fungus among us

Tom Hicks wrote:
I lost the original file in a hard drive failure. this is a scan of a 8x10 printed image I had.

That can really hurt! I lost hard drives on two occasions. For several years I have been using external HD drives, connected only when updating backups. I now have a third one ready to use.

For many months, I have been using Carbonite "cloud" backup. This operates continuously and even stores deleted files for 30 days.

Harold

Oct 13, 2017 at 02:43 AM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.