Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Shana in black and white...

Twistedimg
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Shana in black and white...

Upon the recommendation from several here picked up a Westcott Rapidbox and had to give it a try on my AD600 the other night. Shot with Fuji X-T1 and 56mm f/1.2

Oct 07, 2017 at 01:43 AM
Brev00
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Shana in black and white...

The first shot seems very original to me. I like the position of her left foot with the thin, long heel pointed just so into the ground. It would be a highly awkward pose for me but she seems to be handling it effortlessly. I like the diaphanous dress. The gaze out of the frame is against the classic rule of composition but works well for me. I like the strong darks and brights of the background but wish the highlights in her hands were captured more cleanly. The second one is very nice as well though perhaps more traditional. I do think you did a great job with the dark netting of the dress with her lighter skin tones. Nicely blurred background and nice highlights in her hair. Good job! I like your artistic approach.

Oct 08, 2017 at 09:42 PM
dshigeno

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Shana in black and white...

+1. I like these images a lot. Something about them works, but I can't articulate what it is. Je n'ais se quoi.

Oct 09, 2017 at 03:10 PM
Twistedimg
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Shana in black and white...

Thank for the compliments. I agree dshigeno that something about these seem to work but I can't pin point exactly what either. I finished up the set finally. Here are a couple more black and whites.

And a color one for kicks.

Oct 10, 2017 at 11:14 PM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.