4K video/30p 1.4x
12 fps
No AA filter
1D X Mark II focusing
Tilting touch screen
CFast/SD
Built-in Wi-Fi
Price around $2,000

Now that would be interesting - if it could reliably autofocus.

Oct 06, 2017 at 04:37 AM
robinlee
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Camera Ears, specs for the 7DIII

7D3 is 1.6x crop camera and the 4K is another 1.4x crop on top of 1.6 already?

Oct 06, 2017 at 04:44 AM
phibes
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Camera Ears, specs for the 7DIII

I always wonder why they don't offer higher fps in their best aps-c cam. One would think the smaller mirror and shutter mechanics should make it easy to top the 1dxm2's 14fps ...

Oct 06, 2017 at 05:20 AM
RustyBug
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Camera Ears, specs for the 7DIII

phibes wrote:
I always wonder why they don't offer higher fps in their best aps-c cam. One would think the smaller mirror and shutter mechanics should make it easy to top the 1dxm2's 14fps ...

Higher MP * higher rate = more processing = more power = more heat = more heat dissipation. Smaller body = less space for more CPU power, less space for more heat dissipation.

The amount of internal real estate / mass difference between an APS-C and a 1D series is of no small consideration with regard to power / heat dissipation. The mirror size is but one piece of the puzzle.

Oct 06, 2017 at 05:30 AM
R.H. Johnson
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Camera Ears, specs for the 7DIII

hmmm

Oct 06, 2017 at 09:08 AM
Sy Sez
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Camera Ears, specs for the 7DIII

Unless Canon has recently developed an extraordinary advance in sensor technology, the notion that they could get 30MP on APS-C with "acceptable" Noise/DR performance seems highly unlikely.

Oct 06, 2017 at 01:16 PM
Greg Schneider
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Camera Ears, specs for the 7DIII

Some discussion on the 7DIII spec: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1510764/

Oct 06, 2017 at 01:22 PM
sestesz4

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Camera Ears, specs for the 7DIII

They can leave the MP where itís at but give me the 1DX MK II focusing system, higher buffer capabilities, 12fps, able to focus at f/8 with all focusing points and for the love of god get rid of the image softening AA filter and Iíll take that camera all day long!!

Oct 06, 2017 at 02:27 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Camera Ears, specs for the 7DIII

It's heartening to see Canon finally get with the times and see the usefulness of 4K and articulating LCD's.

Oct 06, 2017 at 02:40 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Daniel Smith
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Camera Ears, specs for the 7DIII

Dynamic Range improvement?

Oct 06, 2017 at 03:52 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Camera Ears, specs for the 7DIII

I expect that they won't get 30 megapixels at 12 FPS. 10 FPS and whatever they can muster will be good enough for me. I am more interested in rumoured 1DX II AF and no AA filter. We will see.

Oct 06, 2017 at 04:02 PM
Mikehit
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Camera Ears, specs for the 7DIII

Daniel Smith wrote:
Dynamic Range improvement?

If it's a sensor with the same characteristics as the 5DIV then that should not be an issue. But given the speculative nature of the link and the time before a new model is due, I think the DR is one of the less exciting developments - but then I am one of those who thinks DR improvement is not the dealbreaker that it is for some.

Oct 06, 2017 at 04:05 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Camera Ears, specs for the 7DIII

There is already a 2 page thread discussing this. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1510764 These specs came out from one source over a week ago and keep spreading like wildfire. CanonRumors gives these specs CR0 rating.

I'm sure we will see many of these "spec" i.e. wish lists over the next year until Canon does release a 7D3 which will almost certainly fall short of these wish lists and the 20 page moaning thread will begin

Oct 06, 2017 at 04:12 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Camera Ears, specs for the 7DIII

robinlee wrote:
7D3 is 1.6x crop camera and the 4K is another 1.4x crop on top of 1.6 already?

Just like the D500....

Oct 06, 2017 at 04:12 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Camera Ears, specs for the 7DIII

arbitrage wrote:
There is already a 2 page thread discussing this. http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1510764 These specs came out from one source over a week ago and keep spreading like wildfire. CanonRumors gives these specs CR0 rating.

I'm sure we will see many of these "spec" i.e. wish lists over the next year until Canon does release a 7D3 which will almost certainly fall short of these wish lists and the 20 page moaning thread will begin

Yah. Someone pointed out the CR0 rating. I have the same thoughts. Now that the rumour mill has got me going on 1DX II focusing and no AA I will most surely be disappointed.

I do have question. I have talked about 7D2 AF a few times and got chewed up a bit which is OK. Doesn't bother me. If the 7D2 AF is as good as the 1DX II why the need to even mention it. I think I said this about a year ago and many came into say it was as good. May have been the dedicated AF processor thing.

Oct 06, 2017 at 05:35 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Camera Ears, specs for the 7DIII

Mikehit wrote:
If it's a sensor with the same characteristics as the 5DIV then that should not be an issue. But given the speculative nature of the link and the time before a new model is due, I think the DR is one of the less exciting developments - but then I am one of those who thinks DR improvement is not the dealbreaker that it is for some.

Has better DR but I would have taken 9 FPS over that.

Oct 06, 2017 at 05:36 PM
qc_mountain
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Camera Ears, specs for the 7DIII

Paul Mo wrote:
It's heartening to see Canon finally get with the times and see the usefulness of 4K and articulating LCD's.

Yeah exactly .....who needs a camera that will focus properly and wont be noisy

Francois.

Oct 07, 2017 at 12:34 PM
IndyFab
• • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Camera Ears, specs for the 7DIII

So the question begs to be asked,...... does Canon actually have someone reading social media like this forum for what folks are talking about with regards to there DSLR's, to give feedback to the decision makers up the chain.

Is everyone just wasting data space venting there wants and disappointments with present production models?

Oct 07, 2017 at 03:47 PM
Zenon Char
• • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Camera Ears, specs for the 7DIII

I believe they get a lot of feedback from pros that are well known and published.

Oct 07, 2017 at 04:43 PM
       2       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password