Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Trying to deal woith Amazon and KEH.

runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Trying to deal woith Amazon and KEH.

Amazon returned another lens today, claiming fungus in the lens. Looking with a magnifying hlass and LED flashlight shows none. I wiped the front element and the supposed fungus disappeared. This was the second lens returned for nonexistent fungus. One was sent back to me because it would not zoom. If course the lens would not zoom. The zoom lock was engaged in handling. Another would not focus. Of course it wouldn't focus--the focus switch was set to manual. 4 lenses sent back for errors on Amazon's part. WTF are those clowns getting paid for? The first lens rejectd for fungus? It was accepted when I sent it in again.

In late August I sent something to KEH. Last week I was notified they had received it. Now, over a month later, I have actually forgotten what I had sent in. WTF?

One lens came back from Amazon with a crack in the body. Luckily it was a 555-200 worth only 35 bufcks.

Oct 05, 2017 at 07:48 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Trying to deal woith Amazon and KEH.

When you outsource your labor and hire minimum wage employees that are likely looking at a checklist/note card with what to look out for... you wonder how this happens?..

Oct 05, 2017 at 08:05 PM
Donzo98
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Trying to deal woith Amazon and KEH.

Why not sell here or EBay I know Ebay fees are brutal (13%)... but I would never sell to a retailer. They need to make their profit... and clearly will lowball you.

After what you just posted... that’s even more reason not to sell to them.

Oct 05, 2017 at 08:08 PM
Elijah
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Trying to deal woith Amazon and KEH.

Buying/selling canon gear on POTN from 2011-2013
Buying/selling Nikon gear on FM from 2013-present
Buying Leica gear on FM from 2017-present

Forums rock.

'nuff said.

Oct 05, 2017 at 09:27 PM
runamuck
• • • • • •
[X]
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Trying to deal woith Amazon and KEH.

I am not that familiar with selling and cannot afford a ripoff. Taking less is not great, but it is far better than losing a lens and the money.

Oct 05, 2017 at 10:04 PM
Elijah
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Trying to deal woith Amazon and KEH.

runamuck wrote:
I am not that familiar with selling and cannot afford a ripoff. Taking less is not great, but it is far better than losing a lens and the money.

In other words you trust notamazing-on over FM B&S forums?

Oct 05, 2017 at 10:08 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Trying to deal woith Amazon and KEH.

Selling on here involves very little risk.. you get paid and then you ship, the buyer assumes most of the risk! (Which is ironic because my first transaction on the boards here was buying $4k lens!) 😬
runamuck wrote:

Oct 05, 2017 at 10:11 PM
Two23
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Trying to deal woith Amazon and KEH.

runamuck wrote:

There is no way I'd sell lenses to KEH etc. You are guaranteed to lose half--guaranteed. I sell either here, ebay, or the LargeFormatPhotography forum. Never had a problem with any of these. Have actually sold to a couple of FM members here in person--can't beat that!

Kent in SD

Oct 05, 2017 at 10:15 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Trying to deal woith Amazon and KEH.

I will add you can get lucky on Amazon... in the past week they offered me $300 trade in for my Nikon Coolpix A and $200 for my Nikon 1.7TC. On the flip side they offered me $50 for my never used GoPro Hero 5! 😂

Oct 05, 2017 at 10:18 PM
viczig
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Trying to deal woith Amazon and KEH.

My only experience in selling to a retailer (KEH) a couple of years ago. I bought a Nikon 300mm f2.8 AF-S II in exc. condition and then bought a 500mm f4 VR and decided to sell the 300mm. I had it listed on the B/S board here at the going price then KEH comes out with adding an additional 15% over there normal buy price for that particular lens. I don't know if someone made a mistake but I would up getting just about the same amount that I had it listed here. I don't remember the actual numbers ( I'm old ) but it was pretty darn close. Shipping was paid and no PP fees.

Oct 06, 2017 at 07:07 AM
TooManyShots
• • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Trying to deal woith Amazon and KEH.

High demand and popular items would get sold quick here. Cheap and outdated gear may not be well received here. Then, ebay is your next place to sell them. You have to do math here. I am pretty sure you would either break even or getting a bit more selling on Ebay than to any one of the online vendors. I haven't been scammed on ebay so far. I am not a big seller on ebay but maybe 2 to 3 items per month (camera gear and bike parts usually).

Oct 06, 2017 at 10:25 AM
Dj R
• • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Trying to deal woith Amazon and KEH.

I've sold everywhere with success.
you will sell for a higher price on ebay, however, by the time you pay the fees for ebay AND paypal, you lose.
Also, there are FAR more jerks buying on ebay, then here on F/M.
folks here are practically family to each other.

Oct 06, 2017 at 10:31 AM
Max Power
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Trying to deal woith Amazon and KEH.

runamuck wrote:

You should get familiar with it as it appears your other options aren't working so well.

Oct 06, 2017 at 10:36 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.