New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

PEN F battery Q

stan2
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · PEN F battery Q

my pretty new PEN F seems to be a real battery hog, compared to my retired EPL5 and my Canon 7D. I'm wondering if there are certain functions on the camera that can be switched off to preserve battery, similar to turning off 'location service' or other features on an iPhone. For one thing, does anyone know if the EVF that switch on when you put the camera to your eye also switches on when it hangs on the strap against your shirt? Ditto for the LCD screen which pops on and off when it hits my shirt while walking around. Other battery-consuming things going on in there? Like the wifi? or the IBIS that whirs quite a lot?

Aside from that, I do like the camera a lot, altho I still haven't been able to get the focus point under control. I'd like it to stay where I put it. I also need a better wide angle lens but that's what shopping is for.

Oct 05, 2017 at 06:53 PM
owyhee
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · PEN F battery Q

You can turn the screen off or just flip it around (thats what I do) and that will preserve battery life more than anything else. I never thought about the wifi. I should turn that off since I never use it. IBIS only runs when you half press the shutter. Long exposures really eat up the power. I believe that my batteries are holding a charge longer after a few months of use. I bought two extra batteries for longer trips when I cannot get to a power source.

Oct 11, 2017 at 01:23 AM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password