Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

What to charge for a NDA?

ZachOly
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · What to charge for a NDA?

glort wrote:
Lets face it mate, You have no clue about this subject and have never taken the time to learn beans about it. Arguing with me and trying to prove flawed points does no one any good and your time especially could be so much better spent educating yourself on this stuff if only to prove me wrong and shove it up my backside with being able to argue valid points rather than complete and utter nonsense.
Sorry, but that is exactly what you do now every time we get into this.

After a tongue lashing like this, can we see your website? Facebook? Proof that you even shoot weddings?

Oct 08, 2017 at 02:14 PM
voidsherpa

p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · What to charge for a NDA?

After a tongue lashing like this, can we see your website? Facebook? Proof that you even shoot weddings?

Yes, I am also interested in seeing this marketing machine in action.

Oct 08, 2017 at 03:35 PM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · What to charge for a NDA?

amonline wrote:
Some of you guys act like losing the ability to share a wedding or two here or there is the end of your business. That's just sad.

If you need images for promotion that bad, then you're not working enough, or not doing your best at every wedding you shoot. As a business owner, you should not have to rely on every wedding to pad your portfolio.

Sure, I get the loss of referrals for that wedding; but again, if you're not getting your site to potential attendees, that's poor business skills once again. It's as simple as saying, "I'm
...Show more

It is important to me to show I work a lot.
It is important to me because each wedding means potential/future clients

I don't give that up for free and doing so makes it ripe for clients to start being difficult asking for concessions on other areas of the contract.

Oct 08, 2017 at 05:25 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · What to charge for a NDA?

Mark_L wrote:
It is important to me to show I work a lot.
It is important to me because each wedding means potential/future clients

I don't give that up for free and doing so makes it ripe for clients to start being difficult asking for concessions on other areas of the contract.

So, if you’re working a lot, why would you be so worried about losing one wedding on a rare occasion?

I mean, come on guys; we’re talking about a really insignificant issue here. If it was 30-50% of one’s weddings, I could see a valid argument... but we all know the real number is more like 1-5%. If it is 30-50% of one’s weddings, see my previous post about not working enough.

This topic should have been one page max. lol

Oct 08, 2017 at 06:40 PM
Mark_L
• • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · What to charge for a NDA?

amonline wrote:
So, if you’re working a lot, why would you be so worried about losing one wedding on a rare occasion?

I mean, come on guys; we’re talking about a really insignificant issue here. If it was 30-50% of one’s weddings, I could see a valid argument... but we all know the real number is more like 1-5%. If it is 30-50% of one’s weddings, see my previous post about not working enough.

This topic should have been one page max. lol

Why can't people here accept a view different to their own?

Because if a client wants something 'extra' they need to pay me. I'll fold on that if I really need to book them but unlikely to as the people who want this are usually uptight people and likely to be a pain. Everyone has their view on this, everyone runs their business differently. Heck we have plenty of people on here that give the full amount back if the couple cancel near the date...

Oct 08, 2017 at 07:52 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

amonline
• • • • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · What to charge for a NDA?

If one is whining over losing the posting of one wedding out of 15, 20, 30, etc., I’d say that’s a petty viewpoint. Clients deserve the right to request privacy... and they shouldn’t have to pay for it just because a photographer wants to make a buck.

Oct 08, 2017 at 10:15 PM
glort
• • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · What to charge for a NDA?

ZachOly wrote:

Oct 09, 2017 at 03:06 AM
glort
• • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · What to charge for a NDA?

Mark_L wrote:
Because if a client wants something 'extra' they need to pay me.

Are you serious?? That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have read in a while but there have been a few in contention of late.

They don't want anything extra at all! They want less!

It's extra work for you to blog their pics not more. You cannot possibly tell me that blogging does not take extra time and input than not doing it.

It's not THEM that wants more, its YOU!
Trying to spin doctor it saying they want more is really talking nonsense.
Respect and privacy for clients should be a given not an added extra cost.

It's just incredible to me that shooters want to penalise clients instead of respecting their wishes.
Really shows the priorities and hypocrisy of some.

I also don't get why shooters want to publish every job they do. I sure as hell wouldn't want to!
A great many of the weddings I have done are just not promotional material. Not to say they haven't been nice people that paid well but some of the locations alone would preclude me from wanting to show them and it's impossible for every job to be my best work that I want to show off.

Maybe others get perfect couples, locations and overall jobs every single time but I certainly have not nor does anyone I know personally in the game.

Why can't people here accept a view different to their own?

Are you able to comprehend that every post you make arguing your side of the argument is just as non accepting of other peoples POV as you complain about with them not accepting yours?

The OP asked for Guidance. It's not wrong for people to suggest and point out things you don't agree with.
Unless you are one of these ever growing scourge of leftists that has a tantrum every time they don't get their own way whom are hell bent of taking the world down these days.

Oct 09, 2017 at 03:31 AM
elkhornsun
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · What to charge for a NDA?

All it costs you is the ability to post pictures for marketing purposes. I would not charge the couple anything for the NDA as I have more than enough other couples' images that I can use.
I would want an agreement that provides a "hold harmless" clause should an image accidentally get posted and with them having to notify you of the problem and providing you with 72 hours to remove it.

I would be concerned if one of your clients was either on the run or one of the CIA thugs as who knows what guests they might invite. For me it would bot be worth the potential issues and I would pass on photographing their wedding.

Oct 10, 2017 at 10:33 PM
glort
• • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · What to charge for a NDA?

elkhornsun wrote:
I would be concerned if one of your clients was either on the run or one of the CIA thugs as who knows what guests they might invite.

I have done some weddings for " Questionable" Characters and they have become great if not close friends. Even going back some years when my daughter started high school and she and her friends were getting picked on by older kids. One day a daughter of said associates saw what was going on and stepped in. Suffice to day my daughter and her friends never had a problem again. Once it were known she was a friend of this family's, it was like she was royalty and something out of a movie in you didn't fk with her.
We thought it funny at the time but didn't realise fully how things work in some ways and were a bit naive.

They have treated us like family even though I don't have much to do with them. They turned up out the woodwork when I had a family tradgety. When I said I didn't expect to see them there, ( a bunch of them no less) they said, " You are part of our family, why wouldn't we be here?"
I'm real happy to have friends like this.

I was at a function last Christmas they were at and something caught my eye which threw and upset me. One of these guys just walked up and hugged me and said I'm so sorry mate. Next thing there are a whole bunch of them in a group hug with me. Was something unexpected I'll not ever forget. There are not many people that would not run a mile if they saw these guys ( or girls) coming towards them in the street and they are no angels but they are a lot more caring and sincere than a lot of " respectable" folk that's for sure!

I asked one of them about a problem my father was having with a deadbeat thug neighbour who was giving him grief. They simply asked where my father lived and said " Well get back to you"
Never heard another thing about it. Don't know if they did anything at all but, suddenly deadbeat neighbour has been VERY quiet and stayed the hell away. My father has been enjoying the comfort and stress free life he deserves.

There are 2 sides to every story and in my experience, some that may not be great on the outside, have freaking hearts of gold on the inside. Look after them and they sure look after you!
I don't publicise their private functions and I would protect their anonymity if pressure was put to bear.
Not out of fear, but because of the loyalty and kindness they have shown me when they had zero reason to.

Oct 11, 2017 at 01:38 AM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password