1       2      
       end

New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

drewmey
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

gdanmitchell wrote:
Deciding to get either a Fujifilm body on an SL2 is no indication that the buyer is "misguided." Thinking that there is only one possible correct choice is, in my view, misguided.
Dan

I think you may have misinterpreted what I was trying to say (or I did a terrible job saying it ). We seem to be of the same opinion. Both options are viable. I was simply claiming it would be misguided to base your decision on IQ. Far more important differences at hand.

Oct 12, 2017 at 07:54 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

drewmey wrote:
I think you may have misinterpreted what I was trying to say (or I did a terrible job saying it ). We seem to be of the same opinion. Both options are viable. I was simply claiming it would be misguided to base your decision on IQ. Far more important differences at hand.

Ah, on that point we certainly agree! :-)

Dan

Oct 12, 2017 at 07:56 PM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

drewmey wrote:
Yawn...you are talking about pennies while I am dealing with $20 bills. The feature sets are the key difference. That is all I am saying. The IQ differences are comparable and should play no roll in someones purchasing decision when trying to decide if they want to add an SL2 or a Fuji body to their existing Canon body and lens lineup. Put simply, they may be saving pennies (with IQ) and missing out on $20's (pick the feature set that is incorrect for them) because they are misguided on the important differences between the (2) options at hand. (I
...Show more

I think there are many reasons to pick one camera over another. I think feature sets can be a good reason for doing so for some people. I also think that IQ can be a good reason for some people. I also think using native lenses can be a good reason for some people. I guess I don't see why any one has to suggest that one person's reason are pennies or they ought not to be the basis for making their decision. And I have absolutely no horse in this race. I have zero interest in owning any Canon lenses and in ever owning a Fuji X system camera. I do have a Fuji GFX, but I think that is pretty irrelevant to this discussion.
What I don't like is when people disparage other people's reason for choices as was done here. For some people a third of a stop of dynamic range and a third of stop high ISO may matter to them. Why do people feel they need to tell someone else that what matter to them ought not to matter to them and isn't significant?
What I do like is when people provide details about differences so people can make up their own minds about whether those differences matter to them or not. I think these forums are the best when we share information and trust others to make their own informed decision rather than when we try to tell people what those decision should be or even what they should be based upon.

Oct 12, 2017 at 09:39 PM
1       2      
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password