FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

Nick3434
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

molson wrote:
And an adapter is a lot cheaper than a decent-quality Canon body...

Is it tho? I wonder what used canon body would be par IQ and af response/handling compared to an adaptor with AF (Is there any light loss with it?) on a Fuji body? My guess is that a discontinued rebel would do the same or more with ef lenses than a Fuji body adapting them. Just a guess. So while that may not be a decent body, all it needs to be for comparison sake is par with whatever the Fuji adapted setup can yield in AF/IQ. This adaptor has to be what? $300-$500?

Dan is right, just my opinion, I don't mean it any other way than engaging in dialogue. If you have a need or want, by all means, it is cool. Just because I have both systems and can't see a practical reason for it doesn't mean anyone else can't. I am a fan of adapting m42 lenses to both my systems and I am sure there is a strong argument against that from a practical standpoint.

Oct 07, 2017 at 09:04 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

Nick3434 wrote:
Dan is right, just my opinion, I don't mean it any other way than engaging in dialogue. If you have a need or want, by all means, it is cool. Just because I have both systems and can't see a practical reason for it doesn't mean anyone else can't. I am a fan of adapting m42 lenses to both my systems and I am sure there is a strong argument against that from a practical standpoint.

From my perspective (and YMMV), the potential advantage of the Fujifilm system for some kinds of photography doesn't just come from the body, but from the entire package of body and lenses. For me the major usefulness of my Fujifilm system is to give me a very small and light integrated system that produces very high quality images — which means that I mostly (though not exclusively) use it for street and travel photography.

If i were mostly interested in using my existing Canon lenses on a smaller system, I would probably use the little SL2 body. It is quite small and quite competent. (I know several folks who typically shoot with high end Canon and other gear who use this little DSLR for their travel/street photography, perhaps using some of the smaller Canon lenses and their existing larger Canon lenses.) While the SL2 doesn't have all the features of the best Canon bodies or of the best Fujifilm bodies, it is a very competent camera and it makes an extremely small package... and it doesn't require any adapters.

I'm not suggesting that there isn't some interest in adapters for Canon lenses on Fujifilm bodies. I just think that this won't be a great solution for that many photographers.

As above, YMMV.

Dan

Oct 07, 2017 at 03:17 PM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

gdanmitchell wrote:
From my perspective (and YMMV), the potential advantage of the Fujifilm system for some kinds of photography doesn't just come from the body, but from the entire package of body and lenses. For me the major usefulness of my Fujifilm system is to give me a very small and light integrated system that produces very high quality images — which means that I mostly (though not exclusively) use it for street and travel photography.

If i were mostly interested in using my existing Canon lenses on a smaller system, I would probably use the little SL2 body. It is quite small
...Show more

Yeah, my mileage definitely would vary. I find the viewfinder on all the Rebel cameras borderline unusable. That combined with the other ergonomics that Fuji does very well would, IMO, just make a huge difference in terms of usability in favor of the Fuji, and if the the new AF adapter works as well as some of the Sony adapters it seems likely that AF would be at least competitive with an SL2 (which has quite a few limitation for AF). Not even a close call for me, I would much rather have the adapter and adapt glass to a Fuji than use an SL2, but your and Nick's mileage obviously does vary.

Oct 07, 2017 at 03:50 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

Nick3434 wrote:
Is it tho? I wonder what used canon body would be par IQ and af response/handling compared to an adaptor with AF (Is there any light loss with it?) on a Fuji body? My guess is that a discontinued rebel would do the same or more with ef lenses than a Fuji body adapting them. Just a guess. So while that may not be a decent body, all it needs to be for comparison sake is par with whatever the Fuji adapted setup can yield in AF/IQ. This adaptor has to be what? $300-$500?

Dan is right, just my opinion, I
...Show more

I guess if you're not familiar with mirrorless cameras, you might not be able to see the benefits versus something like an old discontinued Rebel. It seems the vast majority of people can't see the benefits of a Rebel over a smartphone either, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Oct 07, 2017 at 03:51 PM
esanchez
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

The only Canon lens I own is the 200mm 2.8 because I love that lens. I currently use it on my Sony A7 II with Sigma adapter. If I can use it on the X-T2 with an adapter that would be awesome because now it because a 300mm. So 200mm 2.8 on the Sony and a 300mm on Fuji. It does help to be able to use Canon glass across different bodies. I welcome these type of adapters.

Oct 08, 2017 at 05:43 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

molson wrote:
I guess if you're not familiar with mirrorless cameras, you might not be able to see the benefits versus something like an old discontinued Rebel. It seems the vast majority of people can't see the benefits of a Rebel over a smartphone either, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

On the other hand, if you are familiar with mirrorless — perhaps using one for a lot of your photography — you might still be able to see that there are situations in which something like the little SL2 (used one?) can be a fine option.

In this case, there was a context — a situation in which one is contemplating the use of Canon lenses on a smaller camera and perhaps debating whether adding them to a Fujifilm camera by means of an adapter is a better/worse option than simply adding a much smaller Canon body.

There are pluses and minuses for both options, suggesting that both are worth exploring and that different users might come to varying conclusions.

YMMV,

Dan

Oct 08, 2017 at 01:44 PM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

gdanmitchell wrote:
On the other hand, if you are familiar with mirrorless — perhaps using one for a lot of your photography — you might still be able to see that there are situations in which something like the little SL2 (used one?) can be a fine option.

In this case, there was a context — a situation in which one is contemplating the use of Canon lenses on a smaller camera and perhaps debating whether adding them to a Fujifilm camera by means of an adapter is a better/worse option than simply adding a much smaller Canon body.

There are pluses and minuses
...Show more

Other than not requiring an adapter what advantage would the SL2 offer? I honestly can't think of any.

Oct 09, 2017 at 12:39 AM
shammer8

p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

Will OIS work? If so this also opens up a lot of potentially useful stabalized lenses for video. That, and (niche?) lenses like the tilt shifts and fast prime telephoto lenses. I might also consider the sigma art 18-35 f/1.8 for a do-it all lens (even though it is large).

Oct 09, 2017 at 03:14 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

Steve Spencer wrote:
Other than not requiring an adapter what advantage would the SL2 offer? I honestly can't think of any.

As I keep writing at FM and elsewhere, there is often no single "right" answer to photography equipment questions, context matters a lot.

Let's start with an opinion upon which we may agree: Fujifilm cameras like the XPro2 and the XT2 are more sophisticated tools than Canon's SL2.

(I chose the XPro2 for aspect of my own photography rather than getting the SL1 or SL2, even though I have a set of fine Canon lenses. On the other hand, my wife, who is also a serious and talented photographer, prefers the SL2 , even after making extensive use of an earlier Fujifilm x-trans system.)

So let us try a context that you might not have considered — a context similar to that which played a part in my wife's choice: Consider that the person may be a Canon photographer who already owns a set of good Canon lenses. This person is looking for a smaller and lighter system for things like perhaps travel photography, and the person also plans to continue using his/her larger full frame Canon body for other types of photography. The person prefers to continuing the existing Canon lenses on the smaller system.

With Fujifilm (and please, as you read this, keep in mind that I like Fujifilm cameras and lenses a great deal) our photographer will likely:

- spend upwards ( a lot upwards) of $1000 for a camera body,

- have to also purchase and use an adapter to permit use of Canon lenses, and

- almost certainly deal with some performance degradation of AF and perhaps more.

With the SL2, our photographer:

- will spend a fraction of the cost on the SL2,

- be able to use existing Canon lenses with no adapter,

- not give up AF (and possibly other kinds of) performance with the adapter — though the SL2 will likely be a bit slower than their existing Canon DSLR, and

- get the same 24 Mp resolution.

- (but, on the slightly negative side, have a 1.6x sensor crop rather than 1.5x)

For some people — perhaps those using lenses unavailable from Fujifilm such as tilt-shift lenses from Canon — the Fujifilm plus adapter approach may work well. For some, like me, it may seem that the best solution is to have an integrated fully-Fujifilm system with Fujifilm lenses. For others simply adding the inexpensive, small, and functional SL2 may be ideal.

Dan

Oct 09, 2017 at 08:52 PM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

gdanmitchell wrote:
As I keep writing at FM and elsewhere, there is often no single "right" answer to photography equipment questions, context matters a lot.

Let's start with an opinion upon which we may agree: Fujifilm cameras like the XPro2 and the XT2 are more sophisticated tools than Canon's SL2.

(I chose the XPro2 for aspect of my own photography rather than getting the SL1 or SL2, even though I have a set of fine Canon lenses. On the other hand, my wife, who is also a serious and talented photographer, prefers the SL2 , even after making extensive use of an earlier
...Show more

Dan, I am fully aware that different people have different needs and preferences and many different systems have different tradeoffs You will see me saying that regularly. I was asking you what were the situations and advantages for the Canon SL2. I wondered if I was missing something. It turns out your answer was pretty similar to what I was thinking. The advantages of the SL2 are that it isn't doesn't need an adapter and that it is cheap. If you already have a Fuji, camera, however it is not cheaper than just getting the adapter. So, if budget is your consideration and you already have a Fuji camera then that leaves the only advantage of the SL2 is that you don't have to use an adapter. There is also the matter of AF, but we won't know yet how that will work with the adapter, but the SL2 is not all that great shakes for AF, so maybe it is better but it isn't going to be all that much better if it is. Personally, I don't think an adapter is a big deal at all, but others certainly are free to think it is a big deal. But when I do think about the SL2 the number of potential advantages are pretty small and the number of potential disadvantage is pretty long. This doesn't mean that no one should choose the SL2 over an adapter for the Fuji, but I would suggest that anyone who has a Fuji camera and Canon lenses, would do well to think long and hard about just getting the adapter for their Fuji now that it is available rather than just getting an SL2. There are many reasons to prefer the adapter solution, but only a few to prefer the Canon SL2 especially if you already have a Fuji camera.

Oct 09, 2017 at 09:14 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

^^^

If you already have a Fujifilm camera, don't have lenses you need, also have a Canon system with lenses that fit those needs, don't mind using an adapter, are OK with whatever performance level you get with the adapter and Canon lenses, and are not interested in getting native Fujifilm lenses for your Fujifilm camera...

... then, sure. ;-)

That is one use case, and if that is yours then putting your Canon lenses on your Fujifilm cameras could be a fine option. My hunch is that the group of photographers with that set of circumstances will be pretty small. But for them, why not?

Having used and see the results form the SL2 and the XPro2, I think that you perhaps exaggerate the advantages of the Fujifilm and the disadvantages of the SL2.

Note that in my home, the two photographers who live here came to different conclusions about this. One of us loves to use the SL2 with Canon lenses — mostly lenses for full frame cameras but also at least one lens specifically for the cropped sensor body. The other of us prefers to use the Fujifilm system, including Fujifilm's excellent lenses — despite owning Canon lenses that might work with an adapter.

YMMV. ;-)

Dan

Oct 11, 2017 at 02:07 AM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

gdanmitchell wrote:
^^^

If you already have a Fujifilm camera, don't have lenses you need, also have a Canon system with lenses that fit those needs, don't mind using an adapter, are OK with whatever performance level you get with the adapter and Canon lenses, and are not interested in getting native Fujifilm lenses for your Fujifilm camera...

... then, sure. ;-)

That is one use case, and if that is yours then putting your Canon lenses on your Fujifilm cameras could be a fine option. My hunch is that the group of photographers with that set of circumstances will be pretty small. But for
...Show more

Dan,

It sure feels like you aren't listening to what I am saying and putting words in my mouth. You added six qualifiers (if you. . . . statements) but four of those statements aren't things I was discussing at all and really are pretty vacuous. For example you state if you have a Canon system that meets your needs, and if you are not interested in getting native Fujifilm lenses. Both of these qualifiers are non-sense and display a lack of attention to the discussion we are having. We have not been discussing these instances at all. I think we can agree and have agreed in our discussion that when you have a Fuji camera and there are Fuji lenses available to meet your needs and you are comparing getting those lenses to adapting Canon lenses that you do not own, in most instances it would make sense to go with the Fuji lenses. That just isn't the use case we are discussing, and I think we are in agreement. So, if you want to discuss that situation it is fine, but it seems like a waste of time as I think we agree about those instance. For now let's just not go there because it in my view is needlessly moving the discussion sideways, and doesn't address the situation when most people want to use adapter--they want adapters for the cameras they have and preferably for the lenses they already have.

So let us start with the premise that you have a Fuji camera and you do not have Fuji lenses available for what you want and have Canon lenses available for what you want. This is exactly what I saw as the premise of our discussion and it isn't all that rare. So let's image someone who has a Fuji APS-C camera and wants a relatively fast 200mm FF 35mm equivalent lens and they have a Canon FF system with a 135L. They could in this instance buy an adapter for the Fuji camera, buy an SL2, or buy something like the Canon 200 f/2.8L for the Canon FF system. All three options get you there, but there are distinct advantages and disadvantages to each option. But relevant to the discussion here let's focus on comparing using the Fuji camera with an adapter to buying the SL2. That after all is what we have been discussion.

The advantages of buying the new adapter and using it with the Fuji over buying the SL2 include.

1) Better dynamic range at everything except base ISO and there the systems are equal.
2) Better high ISO performance.
3) A camera with easy changing of the ISO and shutter speed with dials, versus less intuitive changing of these important shooting parameters.
4) A high quality EVF with all the advantages of an EVF, vs. a small OVF which has few of the advantages of an OVF due to its small size and short eye point. Basically a near class leading EVF vs. a bottom of the class OVF. Even among people who prefer OVFs over EVFs, many would not prefer that particular OVF over that particular EVF. In fact, most people who prefer OVFs are exactly the people who also really hate the OVF in the SL2 because it has very little of what they prefer in an OVF.
5) The adapter route on the Fuji is cheaper.
6) More accurate AF that covers much more of the frame (tentative and may only be true with cameras with phase detect AF and after the firmware gets ironed out)

The advantages of buying the SL2 over buying the new adapter and using it with the Fuji.
1) You don't have to use an adapter.
2) AF with fewer glitches that may be faster (tentative and may only be true in the beginning before the kinks in the firmware for the adapter are worked out).

The big question mark that we don't know very much about yet is the AF. From past experience with other adapters on other systems, it will probably take real world experience with different cameras to know how well the AF works with the new adapter and it will probably take awhile before the manufacturer gets the firmware operating well to get the most out of the adapter. There will also almost certainly be a difference between first generation Fuji camera which did not have phase detect AF and later Fuji cameras that had phase detect AF. I am skeptical the adapter will work very well at all with the contrast detect only Fuji cameras, but we'll have to see.

This thread is about the adapter and speculation about it. My view is that it will make little sense to buy a Fuji camera in order to use the adapter even if you already have lenses you could use on the adapter. I won't rule out that for some people in some circumstances that might make sense, but that would be a fringe use of the adapter. Instead the adapter makes most sense for people who already have a Fuji X system camera, and it makes even more sense if you have an X-system camera and Canon EF lenses that would make sense to use on it. If you are in that situation then in my view it probably makes a lot more sense for most people buying an SL2

Oct 12, 2017 at 10:54 AM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

^^^
Think I'll just let this go. :-)

Oct 12, 2017 at 03:49 PM
chez
• • • • • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

One of the big selling points for me in moving to a Sony system was the ability to use my Canon mount lens on my Sony cameras via an adapter. In fact I still use 5 of my EF mount lenses this way with no intentions of buying Sony native lenses to replace my Canon lenses. So yes there is a good case to be made that adapters will facilitate Canon shooters to experiment with Sony / Fuji cameras in efforts to reduce some bulk and weight. Going the SL2 route will reduce some weight, but unfortunately it will also result in a big difference mage quality reduction...something I was not willing to do.

Oct 12, 2017 at 04:59 PM
drewmey
• •
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

chez wrote:
One of the big selling points for me in moving to a Sony system was the ability to use my Canon mount lens on my Sony cameras via an adapter. In fact I still use 5 of my EF mount lenses this way with no intentions of buying Sony native lenses to replace my Canon lenses. So yes there is a good case to be made that adapters will facilitate Canon shooters to experiment with Sony / Fuji cameras in efforts to reduce some bulk and weight. Going the SL2 route will reduce some weight, but unfortunately it will also
...Show more

Not interested in the SL2 (or any Canon equipment for that matter) but is the SL2 sensor not the same as the 80D sensor? Not going to be much image quality reduction for most people. Mostly will be a reduced feature set and handling. Image quality should be pretty close to identical to the 80D (which although crop, many say has just as good IQ as the 6D/6D2). I think the SL2 even uses the same autofocus system as the 80D, right?

The real question in my mind is....is it worth it to adapt lenses in order to get features like an EVF (WYSIWYG), zebras, extensive bracketing options, more FN buttons, "mechanical" settings of Fuji (ISO dial, shutter dial, external autofocus switch, etc.) and others. There shouldn't be a HUGE image quality difference from the SL2 and the Fuji body that someone might choose to adapt instead. It's really a features vs. native lenses decision.

Oct 12, 2017 at 05:24 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

^^^
24MP SL2 images are actually very good.

Of course, so are 24MP Fujifilm images. ;-)

Dan

Oct 12, 2017 at 05:51 PM
Steve Spencer
• • • • • •
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

drewmey wrote:
Not interested in the SL2 (or any Canon equipment for that matter) but is the SL2 sensor not the same as the 80D sensor? Not going to be much image quality reduction for most people. Mostly will be a reduced feature set and handling. Image quality should be pretty close to identical to the 80D (which although crop, many say has just as good IQ as the 6D/6D2). I think the SL2 even uses the same autofocus system as the 80D, right?

The real question in my mind is....is it worth it to adapt lenses in order to get features like
...Show more

The SL2 has basically the same sensor, but not the same AF as the 80D. The SL2 still has the antiquated 9-point pretty much in the centre AF that Rebel cameras have always had. This sensor is part of the new Canon sensors and is a huge step forward for Canon, but that said even this sensor isn't as capable as the latest 24mp Sony sensors. If you compare the dynamic range of the SL2 and the XT-2, the Fuji has about a 1/2 of a stop better dynamic range at all ISOs except base ISO. Here is one such test:

http://www.photonstophotos.net/Charts/PDR.htm

Also because the signal to noise ratio which is crucial for high ISO performance is also probably about a third of a stop better. The Fuji XT-2 has pretty much the same sensor as the Nikon D7200 but with a X trans filter array which may help even more at high ISO. This comparison at DXO mark shows the Nikon D7200 beats the SL2 by about a third of a stop at all ISO in signal to noise ratio:

https://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Canon-EOS-200D-versus-Nikon-D7200___1171_1020

the XT-2 ought to do at least as well.

So at base ISO the Canon will be just as good in dynamic range, but at higher ISOs the XT-2 would be a third of a stop or so better. In terms of noise the Fuji XT-2 is likely about a third of a stop better as well. Is that enough of a difference to call it a big difference. I suppose the depends on your perspective, but there is a difference. I would call the difference modest, but noticeable when you press the limits of the camera.

Oct 12, 2017 at 06:32 PM
drewmey
• •
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

Steve Spencer wrote:
The SL2 has basically the same sensor, but not the same AF as the 80D. The SL2 still has the antiquated 9-point pretty much in the centre AF that Rebel cameras have always had. This sensor is part of the new Canon sensors and is a huge step forward for Canon, but that said even this sensor isn't as capable as the latest 24mp Sony sensors. If you compare the dynamic range of the SL2 and the XT-2, the Fuji has about a 1/2 of a stop better dynamic range at all ISOs except base ISO. Here is one
...Show more

Yawn...you are talking about pennies while I am dealing with $20 bills. The feature sets are the key difference. That is all I am saying. The IQ differences are comparable and should play no roll in someones purchasing decision when trying to decide if they want to add an SL2 or a Fuji body to their existing Canon body and lens lineup. Put simply, they may be saving pennies (with IQ) and missing out on $20's (pick the feature set that is incorrect for them) because they are misguided on the important differences between the (2) options at hand. (I am assuming that based on the recent direction of this thread we are talking about users choosing to add a Fuji body to their Canon system vs adding a small Canon APS-C.)

I have only Fuji equipment now, love it. But that doesn't make the IQ a significant difference in this comparison.

Oct 12, 2017 at 06:48 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

drewmey wrote:
Yawn...you are talking about pennies while I am dealing with $20 bills. The feature sets are the key difference. That is all I am saying. The IQ differences are comparable and should play no roll in someones purchasing decision when trying to decide if they want to add an SL2 or a Fuji body to their existing Canon body and lens lineup. Put simply, they may be saving pennies (with IQ) and missing out on $20's (pick the feature set that is incorrect for them) because they are misguided on the important differences between the (2) options at hand.

I still wonder why it is so important to personalize this stuff — e.g. "Yawn" or "misguided," for example.

Again, there is little question that the Fujifilm cameras are more feature-rich than the SL2. They also cost more. (I use the XPro2, and one of my wife's cameras is the SL2.)

Deciding to get either a Fujifilm body on an SL2 is no indication that the buyer is "misguided." Thinking that there is only one possible correct choice is, in my view, misguided.

It all comes down to the photographers particular needs. Depending upon those needs — and they are not as simple as "good camera" or "less good camera" — either choice could be the right one. I outlined several possible scenarios earlier in this thread, so I won't repeat them here. (And keep in mind that the context of this particular thread is the choice between using a Fujifilm camera with Canon lenses via and adapter versus using a Canon camera with Canon lenses or using a Fujifilm camera with Fujifilm lenses.

I do agree that the image quality differences are unlikely to be a major issue, and that the decision points for most people will lie elsewhere. Both of these 24MP cropped sensor (one 1.6x and one 1.5x) systems can produce very similar and quite good image quality.

Dan

Oct 12, 2017 at 07:03 PM
drewmey
• •
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

gdanmitchell wrote:
I still wonder why it is so important to personalize this stuff — e.g. "Yawn" or "misguided," for example.

Again, there is little question that the Fujifilm cameras are more feature-rich than the SL2. They also cost more. (I use the XPro2, and one of my wife's cameras is the SL2.)

Deciding to get either a Fujifilm body on an SL2 is no indication that the buyer is "misguided." Thinking that there is only one possible correct choice is, in my view, misguided.

It all comes down to the photographers particular needs. Depending upon those needs — and they are not as simple as
...Show more

Apologies for the yawn, that was over the top

I am not claiming that someone who buys the SL2 OR a Fuji would be misguided. Simply that choosing it BECAUSE the IQ is "better" on one would be misguided. (As mentioned, saving pennies to possibly lose $20's). The important factor between the choices are native lenses vs. features set. Neither is right or wrong. I am simply saying base your decision on something that actually matters (any thing else could be considered misguided), not something that is extremely comparable.

For example, one may choose a Canon G7Xii as a camera over a GoPro because the image quality is better. We would all consider that misguided if we later found out the main intent was for action and water recreation. After all, that is the key difference between the two choices. And I am stating (I guess in my opinion) that the key difference between an SL2 vs a Fuji with Canon lenses is not IQ.

EDIT: AKA base your purchasing decision on the key differentiating factors between the gear choices. As they are the ones that are likely to matter the most.

Oct 12, 2017 at 07:24 PM
       3       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password