New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

molson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

Looks like someone has finally developed an adapter to use Canon EF lenses on Fuji X cameras - with AF and aperture control.

http://www.fujirumors.com/worlds-first-canon-ef-fuji-x-smart-adapter-autofocus-aperture-control-steelsring/

From the video, it looks like it works better than the current EF-NEX adapters, which would be nice.

Oct 05, 2017 at 01:21 PM
Edward Castro
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

Now people will be able to use there EF 400mm f2.8 lens on the X-A3.

Oct 05, 2017 at 02:33 PM
Nick3434
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

interesting, but I can't help but feel it is more novelty than anything else and my canon glass would ruin the fun of my Fuji. I think that there is a lot of merit to the proportional feel of body and lens so the balance of the combo is natural. But that is just my take, maybe getting the adapter is cheaper than a tile and my 135 is light enough to maybe be a good tele options for Fuji ? I don't know, having both systems it sounds cool until you really think about it I guess.

Oct 05, 2017 at 02:48 PM
Edward Castro
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

Nick3434 wrote:
interesting, but I can't help but feel it is more novelty than anything else and my canon glass would ruin the fun of my Fuji. I think that there is a lot of merit to the proportional feel of body and lens so the balance of the combo is natural. But that is just my take, maybe getting the adapter is cheaper than a tile and my 135 is light enough to maybe be a good tele options for Fuji ? I don't know, having both systems it sounds cool until you really think about it I guess.

Well some do really like the Fuji system, but won't leave Canon due to having some lens options that aren't available or probably will never be developed by Fuji. Think about the highly niche Canon MP-E 65mm lens. You can't find a lens outside of Canon's ecosystem like that (I think). Or as silly as it might sound, but some do want to keep there long tele-primes because their hobby is bird photography. Another possibility is having access to Sigma's Art series lenses. Some of those are unique to Sigma. This adapter might sway some users to leave Canon behind and only keep the lenses Fuji doesn't have, but only if this adapter is any good. Will see I guess.

Oct 05, 2017 at 03:04 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

Nick3434 wrote:

It will be handy for people who already own both systems, or have some old Canon glass they want to use.

Oct 05, 2017 at 03:06 PM
apsphoto
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

Or to be able to use the Canon tilt-shift lenses...

I am on the fence with this and will wait until there are a lot of solid reviews. Too many of these adapters have all kinds of issues.

Alan

Oct 05, 2017 at 03:14 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

molson wrote:
Looks like someone has finally developed an adapter to use Canon EF lenses on Fuji X cameras - with AF and aperture control.

http://www.fujirumors.com/worlds-first-canon-ef-fuji-x-smart-adapter-autofocus-aperture-control-steelsring/

From the video, it looks like it works better than the current EF-NEX adapters, which would be nice.

Is the AF speeds the same as on a Canon camera?

Would be nice if they could make one for Nikon.

One more thing I'd like Fuji to do and probably could be done with a firmware update. My old Nikon was able to store non-cpu registered lenses, (up to 9) that would show some metadata in the EXIF. I miss that when I shoot Nikkor MF lenses on my X-T2.

Oct 05, 2017 at 03:43 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

apsphoto wrote:
Or to be able to use the Canon tilt-shift lenses...

I am on the fence with this and will wait until there are a lot of solid reviews. Too many of these adapters have all kinds of issues.

Alan

This looks to be a prototype, so I'm sure there are bugs to be worked out, but I think it's a step in the right direction.

Oct 05, 2017 at 03:44 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

leighton w wrote:
Is the AF speeds the same as on a Canon camera?

Of course not - no adapter is.

Would be nice if they could make one for Nikon.

Unlikely, unless it was only for the newest E lenses - all of the others use the antiquated mechanical aperture control mechanism which would be very difficult to control with a camera that controls lenses electronically.

Oct 05, 2017 at 03:47 PM
chez
• • • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

Be interesting to see how good those corners are on a bigger sensor? Vignette? Mushy? Etc...

Oct 05, 2017 at 03:57 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

chez wrote:
Be interesting to see how good those corners are on a bigger sensor? Vignette? Mushy? Etc...

The Fuji X cameras use APS-C sensors, so they are smaller than Canon full-sensors.

Oct 05, 2017 at 04:06 PM
cvrle59
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

If this works as we hope, I can finally get Sigma or new Tamron 100-400mm for my X-T2, instead, selling one of my kidneys for a Fuji 100-400mm.

Oct 05, 2017 at 06:53 PM
rdeloe
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

This would be great! Currently I only have one Alt lens per focal length, and Fuji lets you choose what focal length to write into the file (21, 24, 28, 35, and two custom). That gets me by, but I'd prefer more flexibility (e.g., customize them all -- because I don't have 21mm, or have multiple of the same focal length but named to different lenses).

Even what is provided in my X-T2 is a step-up from my former A7r though. I had to keep notes or forget about knowing what lens I used!

leighton w wrote:
One more thing I'd like Fuji to do and probably could be done with a firmware update. My old Nikon was able to store non-cpu registered lenses, (up to 9) that would show some metadata in the EXIF. I miss that when I shoot Nikkor MF lenses on my X-T2.

Oct 05, 2017 at 07:45 PM
chez
• • • • • •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

molson wrote:
The Fuji X cameras use APS-C sensors, so they are smaller than Canon full-sensors.

Oops. Thought we were talking about the GFX.

Oct 05, 2017 at 07:48 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

rdeloe wrote:
This would be great! Currently I only have one Alt lens per focal length, and Fuji lets you choose what focal length to write into the file (21, 24, 28, 35, and two custom). That gets me by, but I'd prefer more flexibility (e.g., customize them all -- because I don't have 21mm, or have multiple of the same focal length but named to different lenses).

Even what is provided in my X-T2 is a step-up from my former A7r though. I had to keep notes or forget about knowing what lens I used!

Another thing the Nikon had was a way to quickly change your lens via access to the register with a function button. Very convenient.

Oct 05, 2017 at 08:05 PM
leighton w
• • • • • •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

FujiRumors just added this that shows Nikon f AF adapters coming soon.

http://www.fujirumors.com/nikon-f-fujifilm-gfx-fuji-x-smart-af-adapters-coming/

Oct 05, 2017 at 09:17 PM
rsk7
• • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

Yes. Please. Thank you. Finally.

I could care less about the AF but so want that aperture control. The one lens I kept from my Canon days is my 24 TS-E II hoping something like this would show up.

Oct 06, 2017 at 02:31 AM
Nick3434
• •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

Edward Castro wrote:
Well some do really like the Fuji system, but won't leave Canon due to having some lens options that aren't available or probably will never be developed by Fuji. Think about the highly niche Canon MP-E 65mm lens. You can't find a lens outside of Canon's ecosystem like that (I think). Or as silly as it might sound, but some do want to keep there long tele-primes because their hobby is bird photography. Another possibility is having access to Sigma's Art series lenses. Some of those are unique to Sigma. This adapter might sway some users to leave Canon
...Show more

Right and I have and love both both systems, I guess my point was if there are certain canon lenses you love (Like me) they just go better on a native body. I guess I am saying it is like putting monster truck tires on a camry because you like the tires instead of having a pickup laying around for when you want to go mudding. The glass is what is expensive, having a canon body for it is no big deal.

Oct 06, 2017 at 12:58 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

Nick3434 wrote:
The glass is what is expensive, having a canon body for it is no big deal.

And an adapter is a lot cheaper than a decent-quality Canon body...

Oct 06, 2017 at 02:50 PM
gdanmitchell
• • • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · New Canon EF to Fuji X Smart Adapter with AF

FWIW, as a person who shoots Canon (and owns a number of Canon lenses) and Fujifilm, the idea of adapting my Canon lenses doesn't appeal all that much to me.

I can see why some folks might be interested, but the Fujifilm lens ecosystem is filling out pretty nicely at this point with the exception of TS lenses.

Oct 06, 2017 at 05:26 PM
       2       3       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password