p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · old stuff

Wonderful shot Tom.
Brian V.

Oct 05, 2017 at 01:11 AM
Tom Hicks
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · old stuff

Thanks Brian. sorry I don't have anything new to post.

Life has got in the way these past 4 years or so.

Tom.

Oct 05, 2017 at 06:58 PM
Pavel
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · old stuff

I remember your posts and how much I admired your results. It's good to see you here, even if as of yet, you haven't any new material.

Life does have a way of getting in the way sometimes.

Oct 05, 2017 at 07:06 PM
Tom Hicks
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · old stuff

Thanks Pavel it feels good to be posting again. I'm afraid any new work could be a few years away.

Oct 05, 2017 at 08:53 PM
Wilbus
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · old stuff

Tom Hicks wrote:
Thanks Pavel it feels good to be posting again. I'm afraid any new work could be a few years away.

Hopefully we'll see something new a bit sooner then then, but if not, remember photography can always be there and it's something you can always return to, or pick up and spend a few minutes doing if you find the spare time or motivation for it.

I had a real downtime my self a couple of years ago due to personal things. I stopped shooting when I should really have gathered strength from what I love doing instead but sometimes it's hard to follow logic.

Don't sweat it but I'm looking forward to seeing more great shots like this.

Oct 06, 2017 at 12:13 AM
Tom Hicks
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · old stuff

Wilbus wrote:
Hopefully we'll see something new a bit sooner then then, but if not, remember photography can always be there and it's something you can always return to, or pick up and spend a few minutes doing if you find the spare time or motivation for it.

I had a real downtime my self a couple of years ago due to personal things. I stopped shooting when I should really have gathered strength from what I love doing instead but sometimes it's hard to follow logic.

Don't sweat it but I'm looking forward to seeing more great shots like this.

Thanks for the kind comments, I've been my parents primary caretaker the past 4 years. (dementia) that pretty much says it all.

Oct 07, 2017 at 02:54 PM
MarkB1
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · old stuff

Tom Hicks wrote:
Thanks for the kind comments, I've been my parents primary caretaker the past 4 years. (dementia) that pretty much says it all.

That would be hard. They are lucky for you then. The only 'advice' I could offer is delegate - if you can - and meditate.

Love your work Tom. I think ones work tells something about the artist's nature. A window through which the light is clear ...

As I have gotten older, and less physically able, I have done what I can to attract the small creatures to me - planning ahead. I have a fairly mature garden now, kept watered, with sweet flowering food for bugs that serves me well - don't have to over-reach much and a quick wander in the night always reveals something new.

But even if all you have is a compost heap and an open window. You could make 'Fly' your forte.

Oct 08, 2017 at 09:42 PM
Tom Hicks
• • • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · old stuff

MarkB1 wrote:
That would be hard. They are lucky for you then. The only 'advice' I could offer is delegate - if you can - and meditate.

Love your work Tom. I think ones work tells something about the artist's nature. A window through which the light is clear ...

As I have gotten older, and less physically able, I have done what I can to attract the small creatures to me - planning ahead. I have a fairly mature garden now, kept watered, with sweet flowering food for bugs that serves me well - don't have to over-reach much and a quick wander
...Show more

Thanks Mark , it wont be many years and I'll be ready to hangout in the garden with both you and Brian.

Oct 09, 2017 at 09:50 AM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.