Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

FM Forum Rules
Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Do you shoot sRGB or AdobeRGB? workflow?

hvu2012
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Do you shoot sRGB or AdobeRGB? workflow?

Hi,
I'm about to buy new monitor 2560x1440 at least. Then, I see there are several 10bit monitor which cover 99% AdobeRGB. I normally shoot with sRGB color space on 5D III. Question is " you shoot AdobeRGB if you want to use it for AdobeRGB monitor" ?
Thanks.

Oct 03, 2017 at 09:33 AM
gnjphotography
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Do you shoot sRGB or AdobeRGB? workflow?

Does not matter, unless you are shooting jpg. If shooting RAW, it is a moot point, the same goes for white balance. Nothing wrong with shooting jpg, especially if you try to get it right in camera first, but you have more to work with using RAW.

-Greg

Oct 03, 2017 at 09:43 AM
Michael Beard
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Do you shoot sRGB or AdobeRGB? workflow?

I shoot in AdobeRGB just because the on-camera preview seems to look a little better. It has no relevance to the final product in my case. My workflow post-shoot is sRGB.

Oct 03, 2017 at 12:19 PM
hvu2012
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Do you shoot sRGB or AdobeRGB? workflow?

Thanks all.

Oct 04, 2017 at 11:00 AM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Do you shoot sRGB or AdobeRGB? workflow?

Given 99.999% do not publish to printed media (meaning large press format to support AdobeRGB), AdobeRGB is kind of pointless these days. You really only benefit if you are shooting in the Caribbean with all those luscious blues and greens, and are printing to a AdobeRGB press as a result. I find that very hard to believe of anyone here.

Oct 04, 2017 at 12:28 PM
Mark_L
• • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Do you shoot sRGB or AdobeRGB? workflow?

amonline wrote:
Given 99.999% do not publish to printed media (meaning large press format to support AdobeRGB), AdobeRGB is kind of pointless these days. You really only benefit if you are shooting in the Caribbean with all those luscious blues and greens, and are printing to a AdobeRGB press as a result. I find that very hard to believe of anyone here.

Even the laser machines that print on photo paper (lightjet, lambda etc) use sRGB.

For me, I use it because I want the best quality for my best images. Even if you output in sRGB there is some benefit to editing in a larger colour space too (like most who use LR will edit in ProPhotoRGB). It is likely a total waste of time for (wedding) client work if I'm honest but sRGB emulation also sucks on most screens.

Oct 04, 2017 at 12:39 PM
amonline
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Do you shoot sRGB or AdobeRGB? workflow?

^ I don't disagree with any of that.

Oct 04, 2017 at 02:54 PM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.