Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       3              7       8       end
  

Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?
  
 
GMPhotography
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


How about this one. The A7 series is no longer and is replaced by the RX style with interchangeable lenses at 42mpx in a RX small body and they push the A9 as there new larger camera both in 24 mpx and 54mpx. Yea I know itís a crazy thought.


Oct 03, 2017 at 04:03 PM
Duckysaysquack
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


From a business perspective it would make sense for them to release an A9r or A9s. They've been working on the A9 body, features, and processors due to the development of the A9. It seems it would be an easier jump to get to the A9r/s than the A7iii/riii/siii which would be a new platform. Furthermore, the A7 mark 2 series is mature and well loved and they'd probably would love to convert A7 users to the higher priced A9 series and then entice more back again to the A7 mark 3 series next year. When buyers ping pong back and forth between their new products over and over again, Sony profits.


Oct 03, 2017 at 04:06 PM
gocolts
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


GMPhotography wrote:
How about this one. The A7 series is no longer and is replaced by the RX style with interchangeable lenses at 42mpx in a RX small body and they push the A9 as there new larger camera both in 24 mpx and 54mpx. Yea I know itís a crazy thought.


A 54mpx A9R would be fine with me!

Guessing there's too much money to be made in lenses to abandon the A7 series though. Great entry-level camera with a growing line-up of reasonably priced lenses.



Oct 03, 2017 at 05:18 PM
freaklikeme
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


Fred Miranda wrote:
A big surprise to me would be a new fixed-lens compact full frame camera with a first ever curved sensor design.
Dream?


Like in an RX2 with an ultra-wide lens?



Oct 03, 2017 at 05:32 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


freaklikeme wrote:
Like in an RX2 with an ultra-wide lens?


With a curved sensor they could perhaps design a RX2 Sonnar 35/1.4 without getting much bigger.



Oct 03, 2017 at 05:33 PM
freaklikeme
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


GMPhotography wrote:
How about this one. The A7 series is no longer and is replaced by the RX style with interchangeable lenses at 42mpx in a RX small body and they push the A9 as there new larger camera both in 24 mpx and 54mpx. Yea I know itís a crazy thought.


Yeah, I'm hopeful they don't punish a7x users like that. I don't find the ergonomics of the RX series to be their selling point.



Oct 03, 2017 at 05:37 PM
nandadevieast
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


There is not much you can do in RX100 line now. RX10 series also has reached its destination. So RX1R3 is due for a sensor upgrade. (The FF version of RX100/RX10 sensor).


Jonathan Brady wrote:
The cameras that, more or less, make sense to announce that this month are the A7III and the RX100 VI.
I'd like to see an A9r or A7RIII that's essentially a 5 FPS, high megapixel A9.




Oct 03, 2017 at 06:03 PM
farfisa
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


Fred Miranda wrote:
With a curved sensor they could perhaps design a RX2 Sonnar 35/1.4 without getting much bigger.


But then I'd have nothing left to wish for!



Oct 03, 2017 at 06:16 PM
Jman13
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


An A7 III with 36MP sensor, the improved IBIS, and the A9 AF (with, say 6 fps) would be essentially endgame fo rme. Honestly, I would probably keep that as my main body until it died. Even if it's the above with a 24MP sensor, it'd be fine, but I wouldn't mind a touch more resolution.


Oct 03, 2017 at 06:20 PM
formula4speed
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


Jman13 wrote:
An A7 III with 36MP sensor, the improved IBIS, and the A9 AF (with, say 6 fps) would be essentially endgame fo rme. Honestly, I would probably keep that as my main body until it died. Even if it's the above with a 24MP sensor, it'd be fine, but I wouldn't mind a touch more resolution.


Don't forget the A9 battery, definitely want the better battery life. Hoping that will be in any new cameras.




Oct 03, 2017 at 06:25 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



ZachOly
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


A7III that shoulders right up against the 5D4, priced at $2999 USD


Oct 03, 2017 at 06:35 PM
Jman13
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


ZachOly wrote:
A7III that shoulders right up against the 5D4, priced at $2999 USD


No, no no.....please not that expensive for the standard A7 III.



Oct 03, 2017 at 06:39 PM
ZachOly
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


Jman13 wrote:
No, no no.....please not that expensive for the standard A7 III.


I'd happily pay more if the camera isn't crippled more than necessary (1 card slot, poor AF, poor build quality, poor battery life, etc.). Because at that point I'd rather just buy a lightly used A7RII.



Oct 03, 2017 at 06:53 PM
kevindar
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


since I just bought an a7rII, it will be an a7rIII


Oct 03, 2017 at 10:35 PM
Jman13
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #15 · p.2 #15 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


ZachOly wrote:
I'd happily pay more if the camera isn't crippled more than necessary (1 card slot, poor AF, poor build quality, poor battery life, etc.). Because at that point I'd rather just buy a lightly used A7RII.


The current A7 II series is quite well built. I'd imagine the AF system from the A9 will trickle down, though perhaps with a few limitations. Sensor wise, even the current A7 II is right with the 5D IV. I just hope that the A7R III fills your needs at that price point, because the $1,800 mark needs a solid entry as well.



Oct 03, 2017 at 10:45 PM
PrecisionPhoto
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #16 · p.2 #16 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


A 200mm 300mm and a 400m prime along with a larger beefier A7R3


Oct 03, 2017 at 11:08 PM
Michael Everet
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #17 · p.2 #17 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


I just read somewhere (here?) that one store was told they would receive no more RXI's. So I'm guessing the upgrade is in the works.


Oct 04, 2017 at 02:04 AM
Mathieu18
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #18 · p.2 #18 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


Amen. If I can have wide area AF support and UHS-II support for under $2K Iím in for an A7III

Curious peoples thoughts. If the RX1III comes with A9 sensor and speed, are you interested at the expense of resolution?

Jman13 wrote:
The current A7 II series is quite well built. I'd imagine the AF system from the A9 will trickle down, though perhaps with a few limitations. Sensor wise, even the current A7 II is right with the 5D IV. I just hope that the A7R III fills your needs at that price point, because the $1,800 mark needs a solid entry as well.




Oct 04, 2017 at 03:09 AM
tylerdurden801
Offline
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #19 · p.2 #19 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


Jman13 wrote:
An A7 III with 36MP sensor, the improved IBIS, and the A9 AF (with, say 6 fps) would be essentially endgame fo rme. Honestly, I would probably keep that as my main body until it died. Even if it's the above with a 24MP sensor, it'd be fine, but I wouldn't mind a touch more resolution.


Probably won't happen, but if it does I'll be ecstatic. Might even buy two.




Oct 04, 2017 at 03:33 AM
GMPhotography
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #20 · p.2 #20 · Sony's October Surprise- any guesses?


I honestly want only one thing 54mpx in my A9. I donít need 20FPS but I want everything else


Oct 04, 2017 at 03:54 AM
1      
2
       3              7       8       end






FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       3              7       8       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password