New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Ricketts Glen #1

solarishead
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Ricketts Glen #1

Been working on post-processing of waterfall images from Ricketts Glen. I tried focus stacking (4 images) on this one.
Comments welcome.

Oct 01, 2017 at 08:57 PM
solarishead
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Ricketts Glen #1

Now that I'm looking at this closer, and see some artifacts caused during the layer align process. I'm going to work on correcting that and repost. If you have any comments about other processing details or the image overall, please comment. Thanks.

Oct 02, 2017 at 12:46 AM
solarishead
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Ricketts Glen #1

Corrected image. Not sure how noticeable it will be at this resolution, but I just had to fix it.

Oct 02, 2017 at 01:53 AM
CMYK Designs
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Ricketts Glen #1

That's a pretty shot...can't see any difference in artifacts that you mention, although I tried to convince myself that I could!

Just imagine that with fall colors!

Oct 06, 2017 at 02:21 PM
Bob Jarman
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Ricketts Glen #1

One general observation - foreground seems hot and light overall flat, both working against any depth for image. For example, were rocks behind water actually that bright? Was the foliage that uniformly bright? Of course I wasn't there so could be incorrect.

All this said by someone who has taken some really miserable waterfall pictures, and does few landscapes. I can be way wrong.

Bob

EDIT: Added midtone curve to lower brightness and then a little blur & clarity brushed in to add some shape. Not reality probably but an idea...

Oct 06, 2017 at 08:44 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password