New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Best guesses on the Sony RX100 VI

Jonathan Brady
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Best guesses on the Sony RX100 VI

I recently helped a friend pick out a compact camera and we landed on the RX100 V. They managed to get an open box from Best Buy for $700 including a $50 gift card they used for a memory card. Incredible deal!

Based on the specs and reviews, it looks like a really great camera, especially for someone looking to just point and shoot most of the time, which he was.

I was kicking around the idea of picking one up for myself. In my research, I noticed that the original through version IV were all announced in June (2012-2015) and the current version, V, was announced in October (presumably delayed because of the earthquake?). So, theoretically, a version VI could be announced any day now.

Now, I'm not sure if I actually need any additional functionality beyond the V (especially if I managed to snag an open box deal like my friend) but I'm wondering if those more familiar with Sony than I am might have some guesses as to what might be added/modified for a new RX100 VI.

Thanks for any insight!

Oct 01, 2017 at 12:27 PM
SoundHound
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Best guesses on the Sony RX100 VI

I bought the MKI, MKIII and MKV in order. So I hated dolled the upgrade parts of the RX100. Yes, the MKVI is overdue. However, I don't know what else Sony might cram inside an upgradel. The RX100 has been the inovation platform for upward migration to higher priced larger sensored models.

The MKV has Sony's latest advanced sensor, focus and 24 fps etc, etc. The only thing I can suggest would be a faster/wider range zoom. But that would imply a larger size and a, separate, new model. I would rather have an updated RX1r MKIII with many/most of the MKV features,.

Oct 01, 2017 at 03:11 PM
lightskyland
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Best guesses on the Sony RX100 VI

I've been sticking with my M2 because I need more range than 70mm equivalent.

I'll pony up for the M6 if it has at least 85mm in a sharper lens than my M2.

Oct 01, 2017 at 03:21 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password