Username  

Rules & Guidelines | PayPal Gift Warning
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Sold: Nikon FM3A Black (As-Is)

AbramG
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Sold: Nikon FM3A Black (As-Is)

Item updated in the last 24 hours    Nikon FM3A

Item Sold

Price: $275.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 6 Useable, but has considerable optical or mechanical imperfections
Shipping instructions: USPS Priority

Hi everyone, a few months ago I bought this FM3A, shot about a dozen rolls of film with it and decided it wasn't what I was looking for (I just can't get away from rangefinders). Anyways. I sold the camera previously, fully functional with some cosmetic wear, and when the new owner received it he said it wasn't working. Long story short, the shipper likely dropped the camera and damaged it despite my careful packaging. The original buyer had no interest in pursuing a damage claim (which is why I bought shipping insurance) and he cancelled the transaction.

After receiving the camera back I found that outwardly it is still in the same condition as when I sold it but what is wrong is the metering needle seems to be stuck. It of course works in full manual mode without issue, and if you were to leave it in aperture priority it actually still works normally it just doesn't show you what shutter speed you are shooting at. The camera is otherwise fully functional.

I am sure this is repairable, it may even be an easy fix I just haven't tried to do it myself as I had decided to part ways with the camera.

Because of the issue I'm marking the camera as a 6, but it is still fully functional as a mechanical camera. If you don't mind not seeing your shutter speed you can use it as-is, otherwise it would need to be repaired.

Though it's not pictured the body cap for the camera is also included.

Edited on Oct 07, 2017 at 05:47 PM · View previous versions

Sep 30, 2017 at 05:27 PM
AbramG
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Sold: Nikon FM3A Black (As-Is)

I'm looking into getting the camera repaired and what that might cost but please let me know if you have any questions. I only listed it as such because I want to be as honest and upfront as possible so there are no misconceptions.

Oct 07, 2017 at 02:52 AM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password