New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Vintage Hollywood style glamour

Numfar
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Vintage Hollywood style glamour

I shot this as one of a series of 18 portraits done on one jam-packed day for the final project of a makeup class at a local aesthetics school. We did 6 'fresh faces', 6 smokey eyes, and 6 Hollywood style looks. It was quite a challenge, as we had to style the Hollywood shots almost from head to toe, even though we were doing headshots.

Anyway, I spent around a year trying to learn as much as I could about the work of George Hurrell a while ago, and did a series of more well planned out shots - but this was a real 'slap-dash' just try to get something in 10 minutes kinda effort, but I was happy with it.

Sep 29, 2017 at 07:42 PM
DaleBerlin
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Vintage Hollywood style glamour

Very nicely captured, and I like your soft processing on this. Your other work in the "People Photography" forum is outstanding. I don't get to that forum too often, thanks for leading me there.

Oct 01, 2017 at 12:47 PM
Mar73
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Vintage Hollywood style glamour

Very nice!

Oct 01, 2017 at 04:24 PM
Numfar
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Vintage Hollywood style glamour

DaleBerlin wrote:
Very nicely captured, and I like your soft processing on this. Your other work in the "People Photography" forum is outstanding. I don't get to that forum too often, thanks for leading me there.

This was a while ago, but if memory serves - that processing is all done in camera. While I will do post work on this series if it's needed (the hard light is unforgiving on larger zits), almost everything is at least attempted to be done in the old style - and in camera. I have a couple techniques that give this look - old school stuff like clear filter + vaseline and such. MANY of this series are posted directly from the raw processor (Capture 1) to the website DURING the shoot.

Oct 01, 2017 at 08:08 PM
Dougo
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Vintage Hollywood style glamour

Stunning job on this, well done.

Cheers Ray

Oct 10, 2017 at 12:53 AM

FM Forums | Black & White Vision | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.