FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

D850 issue?

suteetat
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · D850 issue?

Lee Saxon wrote:
No, he adores the X1D. He hates the GFX though, so he may have mentioned it there.

May be X1D touch screen is sun block resistant. It was a bit tiresome reading about his complaining of touchscreen and his sun block regarding D850. If he love X1D, how could he ever gotten around the touch screen since without it, he could not do most of the things with that camera (granted I only had limited exposure playing with it before deciding to go with GFX).

PS the only Zeiss lens that I have that has hard stop infinity is my 15/2.8 (version before Milvus) and focusing at a building about 2-3 km away, sharpest focus was at just a tad before the hard stop infinity mark. My Otus 28/1.4, 85/1.4, 135/2 also all achieved focus at the same building at just a touch before infinity mark. None went beyond infinity mark at all. So hopefully the problem that he discovered is not wide spread. I think one person on dpreview reported something similar.

Sep 30, 2017 at 02:21 PM
Almass
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · D850 issue?

Maybe his little mind is getting mixed up between Sunblock and K-Y Jelly

Sep 30, 2017 at 02:49 PM
molson
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · D850 issue?

Lee Saxon wrote:
I'm having trouble believing he didn't know this was a one-off problem (and I think we'd already be hearing if it wasn't). It's not to my taste to publicly blast people about problems before you've given them the chance to fix them (or explain to you what you're overlooking, in some cases); I wish Mr Chambers did less of that.

But yeah, there's no way this camera should've passed QC.

Except...how did the owner not notice he had a camera that couldn't infinity focus?

I've read that extra space is there because certain optical layouts can be impacted enough by extreme temperatures
...Show more

Lloyd hates the GFX because the lenses have different filter sizes (gasp!), and because the camera is "only" rated down to -10ļC so it's useless for shooting outdoors in winter (conveniently forgetting that the X1D has the same low temperature rating, and virtually all other cameras are only rated down to 0ļC).

Sep 30, 2017 at 04:22 PM
davewolfs
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · D850 issue?

I canít stand Lloyd. Just a negative whiner.

Sep 30, 2017 at 05:45 PM
sandycrane
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · D850 issue?

After two weeks I imagine a lot of people are feeling a lot of pressure to be the first one to find something wrong with the darned thing

Sep 30, 2017 at 06:12 PM
Desmolicious
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · D850 issue?

I find this to be a very strange choice of words:

"...violent disagreement.."

He uses the word "violent" several times in describing the issue.

https://youtu.be/G2y8Sx4B2Sk

Sep 30, 2017 at 06:29 PM
molson
• • • • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · D850 issue?

davewolfs wrote:
I canít stand Lloyd. Just a negative whiner.

I used to like his reviews, and subscribed for a few years, but something changed and he started ranting about the most insignificant issues (many of which sounded like they were just a case of him not RTFM). It' a shame, because he used to be one of the few reliable unbiased sources of information.

Oct 01, 2017 at 01:05 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Joseph.
• • • •
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · D850 issue?

He's trying to stay relevant... kinda like Thom

Oct 01, 2017 at 02:46 PM
bs kite
• • •
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · D850 issue?

Didn't bother reading it.

Oct 01, 2017 at 07:50 PM
snapsy
• • • • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · D850 issue?

Lloyd posted an update, now says the issue is that the image sensor is misaligned.

https://diglloyd.com/blog/2017/20171001_1530-NikonD850-sensor-lensMount-parallelism.html

Oct 02, 2017 at 08:28 PM
sk66
• •
p.2 #11 · p.2 #11 · D850 issue?

snapsy wrote:
Lloyd posted an update, now says the issue is that the image sensor is misaligned.

https://diglloyd.com/blog/2017/20171001_1530-NikonD850-sensor-lensMount-parallelism.html

Makes more sense than a flange distance error (same result)... and easily correctable I would think.

Oct 02, 2017 at 09:09 PM
Blakehfreeman
• • •
p.2 #12 · p.2 #12 · D850 issue?

I've set up a method to test this.. problem is I need a D850 in hand to test! If any fellow FMr (sucker) wants to send me theirs pm me. 😂

Oct 02, 2017 at 09:48 PM
jaybird555
• • •
p.2 #13 · p.2 #13 · D850 issue?

suteetat wrote:
I thought I saw that he already ranted against touch screen in his d850 post. His main complain was that touch screen and sunblock does not mix and he needed his sunblock. Hmmm...he could access any function on the camera without touching touch screen so why was he so upset. I don't read his post much but wonder if he complained about the same thing on X1D?

WOW !!! A touch screen on the D850. Does it work for left handed people like me?

Oct 03, 2017 at 02:56 AM
ohsnaphappy
• • •
p.2 #14 · p.2 #14 · D850 issue?

Based on past experience, everyone who owns a D850 will say this is clickbait for a bit. Then a year later there will be a worldwide recall. Let's hope this time it doesn't turn out that way and there really is no problem.

Oct 03, 2017 at 06:59 AM
       end

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password