New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Gobo's and Profoto

voidsherpa
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Gobo's and Profoto

Whats the best option out there. Profoto Spot Small seems to be discontinued, and the reviews seem to hint it was shoddy build quality and overpriced. Elinchrom mini spot lite with a profoto adapter seems like it'd fit the bill but it uses size D gobo's (only 2 for sale vs the 800 or so size B on B&H)

Are there any other options?

I enjoy using Cucoloris but it is cumbersome to cstand and then flag a light. Also not really interested in the larger zoom spots due to their large size.

Edited on Sep 29, 2017 at 02:50 PM · View previous versions

Sep 29, 2017 at 12:07 AM
rico
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Gobo's and Profoto

Cucoloris is not a gobo. That said, the best Profoto route for gobo is the MultiSpot with spot attachment. Price new will give you a headache.

Sep 29, 2017 at 02:23 AM
voidsherpa
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Gobo's and Profoto

rico wrote:
Cucoloris is not a gobo.

I know this, that is why I'm looking into gobo's as an easier method to throwing dappled/textured light.

rico wrote:
the best Profoto route for gobo is the MultiSpot with spot attachment. Price new will give you a headache.

If i was going to go that route I'd have a Speedo DeSisti rewired to Profoto packs.

Sep 29, 2017 at 02:53 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

stuuke
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Gobo's and Profoto

Keep an eye out for the Bowens version of the small spotlite. It's the exact same thing and you can swap out the speedring for a Profoto. I found an open box at B&H for around $430.

Sep 29, 2017 at 03:31 PM
voidsherpa
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Gobo's and Profoto

stuuke wrote:
Keep an eye out for the Bowens version of the small spotlite. It's the exact same thing and you can swap out the speedring for a Profoto. I found an open box at B&H for around $430.

I was just bidding on one from eBay UK and it sold for $700 usd shipped. Seemed excessive but I tried. I'm going to email a Bowens sales rep and see if it is indeed discontinued. I also emailed Elinchrom trying to get ahold of a sales rep that could point me in the direction or answer some question and have not heard back in a week. Maybe I'll try and hound them on social media.

Nov 02, 2017 at 07:10 AM
voidsherpa
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Gobo's and Profoto

So who speaks Russian and is able to help me out?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dedolight-to-Bowens-adapter/162704054674?hash=item25e1ead992:g:XKAAAOSwgYVZ2fZb&autorefresh=true

I want this, but not at $1100 usd for just the adapter, that is ludicrous.

Then I come across the same adapter, only slightly different priced 1/4th the cost which is fair. I can not seem to yield any info on the manufacture. It has a serial number plate so it looks like it was a decent amount made, and not a one off.

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Adapter-for-spot-dedolight-profoto-Flash-Light/261817751802

Nov 04, 2017 at 05:31 AM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password