New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

I found a Canon innovation open letter

charld
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I found a Canon innovation open letter

just read this interesting post linked from DPReview about the lack of canon innovation

http://projectrawcast.com/an-open-letter-beloved-canon-what-happened-to-your-innovation/

Now I've been using canon for a long time but this year i made the switched to Sony.
As i read the letter i kept thinking about all the times new canon bodies were released (since the 1D III), the
reason given for a particular change or why something was not added...

Don't get me wrong i enjoyed my canon cameras its just a tool but as time passed i felt not enough effort was
being put into certain areas of their cameras to keep me interested and make for a competitive upgrade.

I love the battery life, weather resistance, menu ui, button placement/ergonomics, great lens selection, autofocus

NOTICE i do not mention anything about other aspects like Image qualityDynamic Range, iso performance, color)
in camera features, camera performance buffer, AF and AF features, customization, 2 of the same storage cards ;-),
for the price i paid for a 1D body you could at least made dpp a little better...you include the software so make it better or just don't include anything give us a discount for CaptureOne or DxO ;-)

Canon knows how to build a great camera but looking good outside and feeling good in the hands is not cutting it anymore. That's why I was willing to forgo all the (little) things canon is good at and go with a manufacturer that's actually asking real people what they want and turning out great products at (reasonable) prices.

So whats your take?

Sep 28, 2017 at 06:27 PM
riokid
• • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I found a Canon innovation open letter

Is this the same one?

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1508516/0?keyword=dpreview#14180033

That one run 14 pages and last post was about 3 days ago

Sep 28, 2017 at 06:44 PM
evertdoorn
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I found a Canon innovation open letter

Well, i would love to use an a9 for wildlife (not so much for the iq, because itís not really noticably better than canonís latest ff offerings from my personal experience) but reasonable prices? Have you seen what they charge for the lenses?

I definitely appreciate the tech push Sony is doing but for now Iíll save the expenses of switching and will see what the future brings. Iím convinced mirrorless ff is the way to go and look forward to what C is going to do with it.

Sep 28, 2017 at 06:48 PM
charld
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I found a Canon innovation open letter

thanks riokid, ending mine let me see what the other thread says.

Sep 28, 2017 at 08:06 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password